What percentage would my baby be, of white and black?

My boyfriend father is half white and half black and his mother is fully black.
Im fully black. What would my baby be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your boyfriends father is 50% black 50% white, so your boyfriend is 75% black 25% white. Your child will be 87.5% black 12.5% white.

However, this is theoretical. In practice, your child could look anywhere between fully black and fully white.

There have been cases where twins have been born, one black and one white. There are cases, too, where a child has been born to white looking parents that look almost black.

It's very much a lottery as to the end outcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• 87.5% black and 12.5% white.

What Guys Said 4

• Black-ish?

• You marry a white man. Increases the chances of white kid
    Marry black 80 % chances kid will be black

Which color you want?

• You are what you are, genes don't work like that. They recombine randomly. The overwhelming majority of alleles are common to Africans and Europeans, there are a few which are more common in one or the other and a very few which are basically absent in one and present in the other population.

So it's meaningless to talk about what percentage you are of one or the other.

Very few American 'blacks' do not have at least some European genes. It's estimated that about 1/4 of the genetic material of Americans who identify as 'black' is European.

• Just black.

What Girls Said 5

• His mother's skin tone doesn't mean anything with regard to his child.

Figure out how math works. I believe adding fractions was learned in 5th grade.

• I don't think percentages will help but it's somewhere around 90% black 10% white. Your baby could be pale as hell or darker than ever, you never know

• 12.5% white, the rest black

• Approximately 75% black, 25% white.

• 1/4th white

But seriously why does it matter?