Do you think that if you are having suicidal thoughts you should see a mental health professional?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Well if it gets really bad to he point were the person would actually jump the gun then I think it's time to seek professional help. But I've been having these thoughts for about 2 years and I haven't seeked any kind of help.

• You should. Will many people actually go see a mental health professional? Absolutly not

• Yes, always.

What Guys Said 7

• Not right away. If those thoughts because stronger and more often then yes.

• Hmm yes and no. You can still operate just fine, but if you are actually contemplating doing it rather than just thinking about what if blahblahblah.. then there you go. You need to see a healthcare professional

• I think survival desire is normal but that is also the cause that people do bad.
    I really think about it, when I have suicidal thoughts I feel free.
    People dont believe me.
    I saw a movie When Nietzsche wept Psychologist run away finally.

• No, I have suicidal thoughts everyday and I didn't get mental health help but I've never attempted or planned out suicide so I don't see what my issue is.

• It depends if you think suicide is the only way out and you're so close then you should get help. Suicide is never the answer.

• Yes, I keep psyching myself up for that

• I think it depends.
    9 out of 10 people get suicidal thoughts at least once in their life.
    When suicidal thoughts are consistent for more than 2 days or you feel its the only choice left that is when you definitely need help.

• Please get help. It is important.