What do you think about adopted kids?

I was adopted at age 2 my mom told me all along my growth! I also had friends that were adopted among my young age. But what do you think about there stories? Coz for some people when I tell them I'm adopted they tell me forget about your past and move to the future but inside me I can't I need to know why was I rejected or whatever my story is.
what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Realize that you weren't "rejected." That implies that there were shortcomings in you at birth which is ridiculous.

What your mom rejected was the concept of raising a kid with so few resources or raising you while overwhelmed by so many life problems.

If you do ever see her thank her profusely for choosing to give you life and a new home and two parents who could fully love you.

Most Helpful Girl

• <3 I am sorry that you feel rejected, you were not rejected because your parents took you in and loved you. That is not being rejected, that is being accepted and being loved. You are a very lucky person. How many people are never accepted or loved? How many people grow up in a home with 'biological' parents that abuse them? hurt them? mistreat them? That truly reject them... That give no love but scar them for life and give them a terrible life, no love, no discipline, sell them, or worst...

We are all rejected in life by someone or by people. Sometimes unfortunately that comes from our biological parents, or our siblings, or our partners, our children, and other people who should or are meant to 'truly care for' and 'love us'... But they don't... Does that mean that something is wrong with us? No. It means something is not right with them and they cannot give love - for whatever reason, maybe because they were not given love, maybe they were abused, maybe they grew up in an environment that forced them to be that way and hence become that way.

The truth is that we are ALL (if not 99% of people) born as accidents or unexpectedly, and then people have choices to make... And often times, these choices are not made with the human being about to be born in mind. Some people think: I cannot give up this child and keep it (but maybe they dont want the baby) and then resent having a child and bring a baby into a world that's full of suffering and pain. Some people think: i cannot get rid of this baby, but I cannot raise this child, I do not want this human to experience and be in the life /environment that I am in, this person deserves a better future and life, more love and better things than what I can provide... and put them for adoption... Then there are those who say: no, I cannot give life to this soon to be life, I am not ready, and I cannot create a life to be put into this world without me being responsible for it... It is an extremely tough and life changing decision each one of there and NOT EASY... and everyone will choose differently depending on your way of being raised, environment, education, development and more..

• Wow had a tear coming down when I read I know but I don't feel loved at all
      My mom works 99% of her time on her work and is 1% with me and is negative with me

• I am sure they love you. Just remember everyone loves differently and shows affection in different ways. Some people touch as a way to give love, others buy gifts, others express it.. They took you in, there is NO WAY they dont love you.. It is nearly impossible. You just dont see it because you are too busy exploring why your bio parents didn't have you and are portraying that negative picture in your real parents (who raised you) because those are your parents.

Parents are often difficult and critical on us because they want us to succeed and be better and we take it personally. I also have it with my dad... but i know he is only that way because and out of love. they give us tough love to help us grow and mature. Dont be sad <3 You are a perfectly beautiful and awesome human being and you should not let what OTHERS do dictate your own worht! you are a very worthy and deserving of love person and you seem like a very good person! So if one guy can't see that, another will! ;) xx

• Thanks that was very encouraging 😘

What Guys Said 7

• It's wonderful someone was able to give you a good life. Rejected? WHY would you think that? There's a myriad of reasons. Teen mom, too poor to give a child the basic necessities, too many kids.
    You were not rejected! You were given to someone to provide you with a better life.

• Most likely because your biological parents could not or were unable to give the love and support your real parents did.

• It's always the parents' situation why a child is put up for adoption. Does it really matter to you if it was because of drugs, lack of money, the mom being too young, or whatever other problem the mom had?

• Adopting seems like my only chance of having kids in the future so in all for it 😊

• adopted kids made kids all kids are the same if you raise them right. though if i want a kid i will have to find either a surrogate mother or adopt since im gay with boyfriend :l

• I don't think anything really

• At least they aren't in a group home.

• What does that mean?

• It means you got to grow up in a house with parent (s). They may not have been your biological parents, but they did act as one in some capacity. It gave you a chance to develop those sorts of relationships and got to learn from them in some shape or form. If you grew up in a group home, it would just be you and the others that gang together like siblings with the warden keeping you in line. Loving parents help you grow up right.

• I understand because my mom and her brothers and sisters had to go threw the same sort of shit. My mom went to a foster home temporarily and then was taken in by her aunt, so she got to live with extended family. Some of my uncles on that side of the family had to go through the entire group home situation and are fucked up...

What Girls Said 5

• Being adopted has not really bothered me much. For the longest time I did not know why or when I was put up for adoption or have any interest in connecting with my biological parents. I think it would be interesting to know more but I know it won't affect me. My parents will always be the people who raised. I will always be grateful for the better life I was able to have. I am the person that I am and no new info will change that.

What do you hope to achieve by finding out the answers of your past? How do you think it will make you feel? Do you want a relationship of some sort with your biological parent (s)?

• I think adoption is fine. Personally if I was adopted I wouldn't want to know about my birth parents because chances are they didn't want me anyway. I wouldn't want that sadness burdening me.

• The word "future" belongs to you. I wish you the best future. Who the hell cares of your adopted. You are a human being and you deserve to earn the best future you can carve out in this world. I don't mean the best future that Joe's cousin can do. I mean the best future that you can make of yourself. And that stands for every one of us. Whether your adopted or not your future is yours. Fuck the past. I am not responsible for nor you nor the adopted kid nor the person who wasn't adopted nor the fucking lives in on the street – nobody you are responsible for your own future get that through your head

• I understand where you are coming from in the need to know why me.
    but keep in mind the parents who chose you and love you no matte what

• I believe everyone has the right to know where they come from, but sometimes that isn't possible, so unless you can't find about your family story you should try finding out, otherwise you will never be at peace, and I'm talking from experience here, not mine but my father's