Is this normal or do I have problems?

So, i've always been a very insecure person , Whenever i'm going out in public whether it be going to the grocery store or out to dinner/the mall i get really really nervous. Like, before i leave i have to calm myself down i take long deep breaths and when i'm in the car i sit there for a long time thinking about if it's worth it go out in public. There have been many times where i cancelled plans for fear of being seen and i hate hate big crowds. See , when i'm in public i get lots of glances and it makes me ucomfortable.. i don't get it cause there is nothing really that "stands out" about me. I look like your average girl and i do take care of my appearance i don't go out looking like a slob, i'm not the ugliest person ever that you've gotta stare at in disgust but i'm not a freaking model either so it annoys me. I'll be walking around and i'll stop and look at myself in every. Single. Mirror that i can find and i start "fixing" my hair then i look down and try my best to hide my face. I'll hide with sunglasses or a hat. One time i was at the store and i hid in this place where no one could see me while my mom was checking stuff out. I also turn BRIGHT red and when i catch people looking at me i start sweating and feel like running away , away from everyone. Is this normal or do i have a problem? I also am planning to be single for the rest of my life and have no kids , i only have one best friend that i trust and feel comfortable around. Why am i like this? Normal or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like social anxiety disorder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like severe social anxiety. Have you been evaluated for it?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like extreme social phobia. very treatable if you can get to one of the special centers that specialize in treating it.

What Girls Said 1

• I have a similar problem! I always get stares and looks, I'm just a teenager. It maked me uncomfortable. I don't feel comfortable in crowds either, I avoid mirrors though lol. I don't know if its normal or not, but you're not alone.