Black people, what's it like to have your dense curly hair?

I've had straight hair my whole life, and I've always wondered what it's like to have the dense curls of black people. Black people hair feels so different and unreal. When you get in the shower, does it take a while before the water hits your scalp? Is it tough to wash? The wind doesn't move long dense curly hair as much as it does my long shaggy straight hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's pretty fun, also the wind moves most hair if its long enough lmao black hair comes in different textures. my mom's got really kinky hair, it feels fluffy and full. i think it looks really gorgeous. my dad's got randomly wavy hair, no idea why but i got more his hair type. it's not tough to wash, water easily hits the scalp since there's more space in curly hair between each individual curl than there is with straight hair. there's also shrinkage where you would have long hair if it were straight but since it's spiraled up it looks much shorter
    i0.wp.com/.../c63d9f2a7f00c6cd2c53ca89781234e3.jpg
    i like having curly hair because it looks nice and feels fuller.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Its versatile, its bit and being able to have afros is awesome. Natural hair comes in many different textures and looks different on each person. It's voluminous , its beautiful. I love my big fro. If you really want to appreciate it more go on youtube and look up natural hair videos. look up the different types. 3A,3B,3C,4A,4B,4C. all off them are beautiful. I think any white person who wants to learn more about natural hair before making ignorant comments should do their research. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbYOiRS-_V4

• I have 4c by the way and I love it. I love my afro's and the attention it gets me when I walk down the street with it. 💁🏿

• talk about insulation!

• im white and i have 3A hair , my sister has 3B hair and a irish red hair friend f mine has 3C hair.

• It doesn't take a while for water to hit the scalp, we have to constantly moisturize since our hair dries out easily, and our hair doesn't move much in the wind unless you have 2b through 3c hair. I have 4b hair so when the wind blows isn't doesn't move at all. xD

• It's just hair. And no it doesn't take long for the water to hit my scalp. My hair thick so I wash it in sections. It's more time consuming than hard.

• Omg it's just hair, this question is so racist. I have a black adopted cousin, and her hairs regular.

• calling people racist when they're not only hurts your cause

• And what's my cause? Lmao

• How is it racist to ask what it's like to have physical attributes I do not have?

• Just because someone's hair has a different texture to yours does not make it unreal. For fuck's sakes.

• Unreal is an expression of fascination. It's due to political correctness that nobody can ask a question like this or use certain expressions without offending someone.

• No you're just easily offended

• By things that are objectively offensive? Yes.

• I have long thickkk wavy/curly hair. It's pretty easy to wash for me. But it gets knotted up bad 😡 I still love it though haha.

• I am not black and I have extremely wavy/curly hair. And no it's not tough to wash

• It's easy to wash. It's easy to do. And it's real.

• They hate humidity but can got out without brushing them and they would still look awesome.

• It's the same thing...

• I know right! They all have terrible hair! Im so blessed to have my beautiful straight silky hair ! :)

• @YcleptLove Oh look another butthurt black.. Calm down.. Accept the fact your hair looks damaged and is hard to brush or wash. I don't afros or super curly hair it looks ugly. But i don't blame you for being insecure i would be too if i was born black 😘

• Lol ok troll. Im not gonna talk to someone behind the computer who im pretty sure smells like wet dogs and meth labs.
      -Love Kev💜

What Guys Said 3

• You know white people have curls to lol also yes the wind does move dense curly hair if it's washed and clean in fact it moves with the wind.

• did you know black guys are more prone to ingrown hairs?

(my black friend pointed this out to me)

• It's hard. Oppressive even. The water never hire the scalp.