Why do I always think other people are thinking negatively about me?

It affects me so much that I stay away from people and don't smile at them. I always feel sad because of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have self-esteem lower than the Mariana Trench.
    Just ignore the people who DO think, say or do remotely negative things to you. I've been there once, I was like that before. As cliche as this sounds, when you learn to hold yourself in a higher regard, only then you could stop being so paranoid about what people think of you.

• How? Can you tell me in some specific ways?

• Instead of thinking about the things you hate about yourself, think about what makes you so damn good. At least that's what I did. And I got real friends, tried learning something new everyday and took dance and language classes, anything to boost my confidence. Whatever works for you. Kaya mo yan kuya. :)

• Hehe thanks po. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you have very low self esteem and self confidence. I'm the same exact way except that when I go out somewhere, I don't THINK people are looking at me, I KNOW they are. I see it happening and I can't help but to think there having negative thoughts about me

What Girls Said 1

• Because it's what you think of yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• If that is true, I think you start to notice danger around you.

• Social anxiety.