Dumb question but I'm being serious XD?

So I saw an awesome necklace on Amazon. I wanna order it, and this will be the very first time I ever order something from that site. You have to pay with pounds, but I only have euros on my bank. My mom told me I can just pay with euros and the bank will convert it into pounds. Is that true? She has never ordered anything from another country either, so she can't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yo ma is right!

Most Helpful Guy

• Your bank may place a charge for the conversion. For example when I have used my bank debit card in USD to make purchases in Australia my bank would make the conversion automatically and charge me $2 as a conversion fee. Contact your bank to find out what if any fees they have for currency conversion.

• Thank you for the heads up :3 I didn't know about this at all. Not that it bothers me or anything. Just nice to know about up front ^-^

What Girls Said 5

• Call or have an online conversation with Amazon. All you have to do is give them a bad review and they will bend over backwards to make you happy so that you can change that review.

• I live in the states and have ordered things from the UK and China and yes they do convert.

• Hmmm, Call Amazon and ask.

• Yes the bank will charge you the equivalent.

• Yeah you can pay with euros, I use amazon all the time and actually in one of the steps when you're about to make the payment it'll ask you if you want to pay in pounds or euros

• Which option should I choose then? Because if I don't have pounds but that's what the buyer wants, should I choose to pay in euros? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just don't want to f anything up XD

• There's never dumb questions ;) and just pay with whatever you want really, I don't think it matters, if the seller wants pounds he'll get pounds in the end of the day even if you pay in euros, it's gonna cost you the same either way

What Guys Said 2

• Yes lol the bank does the conversion for you.

Source: I buy from abroad all the time.

• If it ships to your country then you should be able to purchase it with Euros. I've bought stuff from China before.