Does lemon really lighten up your skin?

My body is like different colors

my elbows,
kneees,
private area
underarms
neck
thigs

all darker than the rest of my body

i heard lemon helps would this really really help?
make thise areas lighter?

i need home remedies, if you have any for lighter skin
and strawberry legs

thanks

• Yes it does (how do i apply it)
  • No it doesn't (please tell me a home remedy that does)
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if lemon works for lightening skin, but I know honey does. I've been using honey to lighten up my skin and it really helps! Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
    Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with warm water. I found out about this on a different website, and it really works for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the acid in lemons stops the enzyme that produces melanin from working, which is what makes your skin dark.
    Never tried it though, it might not work

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know if lemons do but potatoes do. Cut a potato in half and rub it over the dark spots.

• I've never heard of that

• ok
      does it make you break out in bumps?

• If you're allergic to potatoes then yeah, otherwise I don't see that happening

• maybe for hair!

• Yes but it can potentially screw up your skin (i. e leave random discolored spots). I wouldn't recommend it.

• What would you recommend

• squeeze the lemon in a small bowl, dilute the lemon juice with a small anount of water and use a cotton ball/pad to apply and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and apply a good moisturizer (dried out skin will darken more) . or you could just accept the fact that nearly everyone on the planet has darker skin in those areas as well lol.

• I know i just dont like them especially on my neck

• No that's a myth

• You could always try bleach.

Or self-acceptance

Whichever.

• Isn't lemon known to like whiten things and work like bleach (in a none scary way).

What Guys Said 1

• I've never heard of anything that does this naturally. All myths I think.