Why are people mean to me at my school?

I'm always nice to people at my school. I'm always willing yo help them. I'm quiet so I don't bother them. I only talk if I'm being spoken to. I don't know why they are mean to me... and don't like me. And its mostly girls... I've had trouble with a few guys but I just don't pay attention to them anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Younger people tends to find unacceptable social awkwardness. The very true reason for them to "be mean" to you is exactly what you said, probably. Try be friendlier and more open talking with them, be the funny girl in the office, joke about stuff with them, and they will start liking you. I was shy and (a very little) bullied as a child, but in high school I had already became confident enough to start a full long time friend like conversation with even stranger. You should do the same ^^

• If I do that which I've tried I get called a slut when they are the ones who aren't virgins

• Hun I do because then it goes around my lottlew town and school and I will gt screamed at when my mom hears that and I alrewadsy have guys trying to get in my pants I don't need anymore of it

• I think this all happen in your mind, and that you are projecting some TV show dramas on your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know you personally but I've seen you around here and you seem sort of rude and a little insecure. Like you'll tell people something like "nobody cares" or "I can do whatever I want" or "I'm not in the mood for your shit today" (that's rude). You also seem to lie, like a lot, which I'm assuming has to do with self esteem issues, you asked a rate me question and told all the guys who said anything about your weight that you are 125 pounds, getting down to 120 but now you're saying you actually weigh 140 pounds trying to get to 125 (your picture is still the same, you didn't just randomly gain that weight). You always talk about how "all the guys want you" and how you're so sexy and have big boobs. And then you talk about how you eat like 3 crackers in a day and how everyone hates you and how you cut yourself. It's very contradictory and suggests your trying to put out a certain false image to make yourself seem better. That's why people are mean to you. You don't really seem to like yourself, even when you act like you like yourself you then contradict yourself and they can see that you don't. It's easy to kick people when they are down. You need to accept yourself and treat yourself right. Don't seek validation. That's my advice to you.

• Maybe of you sawq my life And lives it for a day you would understand why o do what I do hun

• I never claimed to know you. But I know plenty of people with EXTREMELY hard lives who don't end up doing what you do.

What Guys Said 11

• Life can be tough at your age. Kids can be brutal for no reason at all other than trying to make themselves feel better about their own problems.

• In high school, a teen that is quiet is seen as smug, stuck up and judgmental to many other high schoolers. :-/

• Because perhaps you lack self-respect, in the sense you let people get away with things and don't have a very commanding presence?

• Story of my life, and still goes on to me today. It is because people pick on the good when themselves are not happy. It's like a ego boost to their self esteem, and makes them think they are better than you. It's sad, but hang in there it will get better.

• Hate to say this , but maybe its because of your weight. Kids tend to hate/pick on people who look different. It's not right, but it's human nature.

• Quite simply people in high school are assholes. Trust me people are nicer in general after high school.

• "I only talk if I'm being spoken to."

That's why.

• That doesn't mean to hate me or be an ass to me

• No, it means you're unassertive and are willing to stand for the cruelty of others.
      Poor behavior needs no reasoning just a willing victim.

• i know the feels when i was 15 i was around 400 pounds and no one wanted to fuckin be friendly except one boy but thats a diff type of friendly. long story short my first 2 years and all of middle school were bad years for me.

• Because people suck

• I ask myself that question all the time. People are just jealous of you.

• Probably because they're just being judgmental

What Girls Said 10

• Because some high schoolers are attention seeking idiots and feel the need to hurt someone else to feel better about themselves. It gets better in college

• Because people are insecure a-wholes!

• Some people mistake kindness for weakness. You sound kind to me.
    That's why they pick up on you.
    May be they feel that just because you are quiet , they can say anything.
    They can easily get away with that , you won't say something back.

That's what i think.
    Hope it helps. :)

• I'm guessing you're still in high school. So, my best guess is teenagers, in general, are jerks, not all of them of course, but they can definitely be mean for no reason and not feel bad about it. Maybe you just come off as too nice, which definitely isn't a bad thing and you don't need to change yourself, but it can rub people the wrong way, especially in a high school environment.

• Honey
    I went through this as people said I was a slapped and a slut and all the rest
    All you have gotta do is ignore them
    They want a show and they want a reaction
    They will get bored if you ignore them
    Make some friends speak up
    Be happy no matter what

• Aww I had the same issue as you growing up, kids were mean to me and I did not know why either when I was nice to them.
    Just don't let them make you hard heated they are just jealous most of the time. Just be that same sweet girl you are and in the end it will all work out and if it comes to a point where you need help dealing with bullies don't be afraid to speak out and get help :)

• Because welcome to high school, for some reason we are all self entitled assholes that act like wild animals and are addicted to weed and sleep.

• Because they are jealous bitches? You always have those people in high school.

• Because some people are miserable assholes and they like to put people down. Evil exists.

• I think you are too nice, if you are too nice persons sometime take you for granted or feel you are annoying