It appears Humanism has been co-opted by Social Justice, will it work?

Personally I'm perturbed. Every time I see SocJus make a fool of itself publicly once more, something else happens that shows it's spreading further.

Humanism is to my recollection the first attempt for FemSocJus to try to really assimilate a whole new label, though I could be wrong. They've usually been pretty attached to feminism and will denounce other labels as extensions of patriarchy or capitalism or whatever else, i. e pure evil.

But will it work? Humanism is going to be attractive to a lot of people because it's so broad and inclusive, but will the average person buy the snake oil this new Humanism is selling or will they arrive and realise that they just wandered into the psyche ward?

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with social justice is it naturally gravitates towards equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity. When this occurs 'justice' can only be achieved by doing injustice to someone.

What Girls Said 6

• SJW lead humanism will just be social justice warriors pretending not to be assholes.

Everything SJWs touch turns to rotten shit.

• They might could trick a good amount of people. To me they are still a load of crap just because they are using some kind of label.

• funny how sjw's never speak up for the old or disabled the most marginalised groups in society.

• That's because protecting the feelings of female college students is literally society's most important issue, didn't you know? :P

With a name like that you must be a catfish lol.

• Very true. Attended an American college as part of a
      I saw it on family guy.

• Give it a rest with the social justice bull crap.

• Isn't humanism a spiritual belief as an alternative to agnosticism?

• humanism means literally nothing. More stupid labels.

• No. I'm not sure where you're getting "spiritual belief" from. Not that it excludes spiritual beliefs.

• Well, I learned about it in my religion class so clearly someone else thought it was a spiritual belief.

• Well, like I've said its a cult. Once the gay male ran fashion industry took on feminism in the 70's they made sure to incorporate themselves in anything from then on out , brainwashing women to believe they are our friends. Have you noticed the stupid people have been the loudest for the last 5 years.

What Guys Said 11

• The SJW's seem to suffer from ego deficits or are burdened by guilt and becoming the knight on the white horse makes them feel better. Unfortunately, they didn't take riding lessons and they have something backwards: it is the HORSE who should be wearing the blinders, not the RIDER!

• Social Justice is the prevailing buzzword for Socialism that will guarantee equal outcomes for all.
    It's the "Everybody gets a Trophy" society which means nobody's trophy means much of anything.
    With everyone's paycheck being equal nobody has much incentive to produce excellence.
    Anyone who thinks Social Justice will work need only look to Cuba or Venezuela to see the results.

• no not at all. thats just feminist lgbtq nonsense.

• I can't wait to move to Asia

• Humanist schools of thought are not actually as pure as people think they are. Humanism on the whole is rarely, if ever, a terribly progressive thought process since many humanists have "justified" their sexism or other prejudices with "data". In the broadest sense it is a vehicle for statistical hate just as much as it is for equality.

• You know what will never be co-opted by SJWs - Transcendentalism.

• Personally I really don't care about modern humanism, it stopped being useful in the 19th century after the enlightenment, now its been co-opted by assholes like dawkins

• What makes Dawkins an asshole?

• He says religion is mental illness yet his field was pioneer by a catholic monk,
      Honestly, if words come out of his mouth that aren't solely about genetics, its generally utter bullshit

• Oh and calling everyone who believes in god a bigot,
      I'm spiritual but not religious and I believei n a god,
      I follow this rule
      Church: You know, Caboose, I used to not care. I just went along with orders and hoped that everything would work out for me. But after all thats happened to me, you know what I've learned? Its not about hating the guy on the other side because someone told you to. You should hate someone because they're an asshole, or a pervert, or snob, or they're lazy, or arrogant or an idiot or know-it-all. Those are reasons to dislike somebody. You don't hate a person because someone told you to. You have to learn to despise people on a personal level. Not because they're Red, or because they're Blue, but because you know them, and you see them every single day, and you can't stand them because they're a complete and total fucking douchebag.
      "Episode 100: Why Were We Here?", Season 5.

• if you sell the same car under a different brand it would take long before people know you are selling them the same shit cars under a different brand.

• They're gonna buy it all the way to the graveyard. And as soon as our countries finally run out of SJWs due to all the ethnic minorities growing into majorities, civilisation will be back in the 10th century with no return ticket.

• Oh look, another idiot criticizing feminism covertly.
    How original!
    //sarcasm.

• People want to feel morally righteous. Sometimes they will come up with clever names for their agenda to help them do so. What constitutes justice is entirely subjective, of course. Many great thinkers have denied that a just society has lots of equality.