Why are some people so sensitive?

I woke up up at 6 so I could go run outside in my neighborhood before it became too sunny. Twenty minutes in and I'm tired so I start walking instead. As I'm walking, I see an older man in his 50's approaching. Since I could almost touch him and invade his personal space, I move to the right so we don't bump into each other. As I pass him him, he stops and turns to look at me and says "You ain't gotta walk so far away from me girly!"

I pretend to not understand English and continued walking.

Most Helpful Guy

• hun I understand him
    you made him feel a certain way

what you did made him think
    that ohh!!! she probably thinks I'm gonna do something to her or hurt her in some way

that's him just telling you not to worry that he won't hurt you
    it's not anything creepy

• I know it wasn't creepy, he assumed that I found him disgusting, which I just said was not true.

Most Helpful Girl

• This sensitivity is not sensitivity. Just social disconnection / social paranoia and unable to read or feel true intentions from others. Instead they feel like they are going to be attacked within seconds while being in proximity with another person. They are not really intuned with people in general, especially strangers.

What Guys Said 14

• His words had multiple meaning
    - Don't hate me I am old now
    - A sexy girl is keeping distance from me.. Good kill me already
    - Meh! New generation.. Is hard to understand
    And some more..

It's pointless to go in debate with them.. They are aged.. It's better to move on you did right..

• Maybe grandpa forgot his meds this morning. The danged ole goat !! Lol

• I think american's defend distance is larger than me.
    My brother met an old guy like you but he drive a car.
    It is still far from the old guy we feel
    but he approached to my brother's car and knocking his car by a crutch.
    My friends feel the same... etc.

• The older generation is a much friendlier generation and I feel it when I talk to someone in their 40s and 50s. I have an easier time making small talk with them. They learned how to be more approachable too back then. Our generation is so closed off to that.

• What does that even mean? Also, just because you think you're thinking you're moving away for his sale doesn't mean he thinks of or that way. You probably easily have him the impression that you thought he was a middle aged pervert

• I never thought he was a perv 😊, so I did not easily assume that.

• Why would you slap her? 💔👊 jk jk 😂

• @Mario21 she should know because I have a legit reason... That's her logic anyway

• I'm going to take a good guess. He sounded like he wanted to "accidentally" bump into you. He probably got offended when you moved so he couldn't touch you. He sounds weird.

• sounds like he was a pedophile.

• Because they have lady-vaginas.

• no disrespect, but you are being precious thinking you have to worry about 'his space'

• I don't think it's wrong ☺️

• "You are being precious thinking you have to worry about his space"

• that is how i would see it if i was in his shoes

• Because life's just too good for some people, and they need to find something to complain about.

• Damn he's probably just hella salty af

• A lot of old people I've found to be very sensitive.

• Well if you thought he was a creepy old dude then no problem lol

• sounds like he was flirting

• From the sound of his tone and side eyes glare, he wasn't.

• mmm, if he's an old man maybe he's had negative experiences in his life. also the society im in isn't the most loving to the elderly, maybe he feels like that. if this is the case id say dont judge, that might be a terrible feeling for him

• Yep, I never judged him. I assumed many people have actually hurt him intentionally.

What Girls Said 4

• He probably thought you thought he was a creepy old guy instead, haha. Assumptions can cause those kind of things.

• I'm kind of wondering if he has had reactions like that before, and so that's why he reacted that way. It seems kind of random just to yell that. Not that you were doing that, but perhaps other women have. He might have felt offended that something about him makes women or people avoid him. People often overreact based on their experiences and make assumptions when they shouldn't.

For the record, I do the same thing with people just because I don't like being in their personal space either.

• I have had people say things to me and hate on me (like many people have in this world), but I'm still always a positive person.

I think if everyone the strength to be positive, we'd all be happier.

• I've had it too, but everyone reacts differently. It's better to have your outlook in life, but unfortunately not everyone does.

• That's really creepy what he said.

People just like to start drama and other useless arguments.

• It's probs his creepy way of trying to hit on you.