So, I am trying to socialize. Do you think I am going the right path?

Well since I am still looking for a job and I don't have a social life. Today I sign up to volunteer at a local garden community and fashion designer thing. Also I ask to join 3 club today. One is about gaming, the others is about the environment and the last one is Acoustic Club. If the garden community doesn't need help with the garden... I could volunteer at red cross or I'll keep looking. I wanted to do mentoring. I know I love jogging long distance and youth. Only thing its a bit far like in washington D. C and I live in Va. I also use public bus. I don't know if I should send them an email. I want to emphasis I love jogging! Like I been jogging since forever. I might not look like it now but I sure did jog a Lot. Anyways, I spend most of my life in my house part my fault and my mother who never let me out of the house. Well I am 20 and almost 21. And I want do something and make myself feel better. at least give it a go and see if I like it! I neeed to human interaction with people my age. lol What you think?
P. S. I did this all today! haha by emailing.
Its a big step for me and it scary me. I am so use to my house its hard to imagine having a direct conversation with someone my age lol.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what you have done so far is great! Definitely a step towards where you want to be. The important thing is to realize that while sometimes what you have already done may seem small, every step in the direction you want to go is progress. Don't feel bad for not having it all figured out yet.

You've already done a good chunk of the work. Identified some local groups that you have interest in and contacted them. Even figured out possible transportation to the groups. So that's a good first few steps!

If the groups don't work out, don't worry. There are plenty of groups out there, there are always new ones forming! :)

I feel the same way as you sometimes. I'm 26 and most of my friends settled down early. It really sucks that I am in such a different place. But I have the freedom to choose what I do each and everyday. I can participate in activities as a wish and go out whenever. Unlike my friends who have to consult with their families. It's hard because I don't have a lot of friends I can go out to dinner with or do activities with. So I am trying to do the same as you and branch out.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 12

• You have already done way more than I have. I haven't socialized in years and don't think I will any time soon. Meeting friends is far too scary for me.

• Well I hope I get response from all the places I contact. Also i am looking foward on the teen run eventhough I have to travel to washington D. C. ! Its one of those things where i just got try and do it. I am so tired of this life I created for myself.

• It will all be just fine! I have confidence in you, and I think this is such a good idea. Get out there! Put yourself about! You'll end up with a proper job and decent guy!

• Same here. I used to be fun outgoing but after school.. I became a house bound inbred.. I no longer socialize.. This place is filled with idiots I prefer virtual society of smarties

• You're on the right path but don't do too much all at once. Try all of those and see which one sticks or let you know what you like

• Apple is sexy.

• It's so weird, but i identified so much with you.
    Girl, you have something

• You have something that fascinates me. you being able to show how you are inside, (with the words is more easy) i see a lot of good things. The problem is showing yourself throw words, so if you can, you will suceed. So hell yeah you are in the right path.

• Do you remember the things i recommend to you? To fight the passivity?
      The imaginary friend (yourself in the future taking to you)
      And the small obejct or tatton with the symbol and letters?

Don't forget them, they are usefull.

• yea i do.

• A good start. Other ideas are go to bars and night clubs.

• There's probably a MeetUp for joggers in your area. That aside you've chosen a good path.

• I don't do that much, ever.
    I don't even know how.
    Good luck

• I think that's a great start Apple, growth on any level is good for the soul. I say keep it up!! :)

• Do you have friends?
    What about hanging out with them and that way you get to know other people.

• Yeah that's good

What Girls Said 6

• What kind of gaming?

Just don't over work yourself and overload your mind. Still seems like a really good start but make sure not to let anyone use you. That's not a fun feeling when that happens.

Not sure if it's just me, but it's easier to social when you see people face to face than to try and message them. I'm more paranoid about what to say talking to other females online than I am in person. When I meet a female to talk to in person, then I don't worry about anything and just say the first thing that comes to mind.

• lol I am not a big gamer because I don't have an xbox or anything lol. But I do have an nintendo! lol hahah! Its a gaming club in my community college: To gather like-minded players and enthusiasts of all forms of gaming for the purpose of cooperation and entertainment and to introduce and explain the effects gaming has had on society, music and art. lol

• Getting along with others isn't the hard part. The hard part is trying to keep them for years and years.

• Oh wow! lol I hope my brother never let me touch his xbox! lol

• yessssssssssssss omg apple DO it!
    it might be a bit hard in the beginning but then I am sure you ll feel so much better.
    I don t know how yoy can stay in the house so long. I get depressed when I stay too long in closed doors without people.
    just go, and you ll feel more useful
    you ll learn new skills meet cool people.
    yes yes yes
    good lck :)

• That's awesome! Congratulations on getting all of that done in the course of a day. :) They sound like fun groups to be a part of where you meet some new people. Have fun!

• I think you are doing great

what a great 1st step

and it took guts

keep on! :)

• I think you are a cool person and this is great for you apple.

• Wow!! So proud of you. You're on the right track :))