Does anyone else have mismatched first and last names?

My mom's half Lebanese and half Palestinian and my Dad is half Irish and half Italian so all of my siblings have an Arabic first and an Irish last name (although since my brother's called Yaqub which is the Arabic version of "Jacob" all of his friends call him "Jake"). But when I show my ID to people they look at it kinda funny and I get asked about my name a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• My first name is biblical Greek I think. Then my last name is of Czech/German heritage

Most Helpful Girl

• my first name is irish. my last name is technically german, but everyone hated the germans when my dad's family came from germany like mm early 1900s maybe? (not around WW2 it was way before that). so they changed it when they got to america. people think my last name is hispanic and i've been asked if i am latina a bunch of times but i am not. they shouldn't be mismatched but i guess to some people they are lol

What Guys Said 1

• I don't have mismatched name in that sense. But I have my Dad's first name and my Mom's last name.

What Girls Said 4

• My names are like a walking set of cultural cliches. Like I don't think it could be worse if I was Jane Smith. So to me it's really cool that your parents have given a beautiful way to express your heritage and share it with other people.

• I do not have that. My name is pretty basic.

• My first name is Hebrew because my parents wanted something biblical, my last name is Dutch, it reflects my heritage.

• Not really, the names fit pretty good.