Do you dislike it when you are notified that someone took a screenshot and saved your Snapchat picture?

In case you don't use Snapchat, your are notified when someone takes a screenshot of your picture post.

How would your feel if someone in your friends list took a screenshot of the Snapchat picture that you posted? Vote and reply as much as you like, with as much detail and personal stories as you wish. :-P

• I don't mind at all
  • I don't mind, unless it is a certain type of picture that I really don't want anyone to say and have a record of
  • I hate ANY of my pictures being screenshot'd and saved! 😡

Most Helpful Girl

• I use Snapchat, and for 'certain pictures'. If he didn't ask permission, I'd be concerned and angry. Luckily, he does (and doesn't share).

Most Helpful Guy

• it has never happened to me. but I also barely use it and don't send things worth saving.

people would probably be much more pissed if they found out how often people save things without them getting notified

• That I agree with, there are definitely ways to get around the notification

• it's extremely easy. takes no effort at all

What Girls Said 22

• I would hate the screenshot being saved. I mean if they asked permission, fine. But if they don't and then they share it with other people, it kind of defeats the purpose. Like I only send my snaps to certain people. Some snaps are only meant for certain friends. It's kind of fun to have snap conversations with people. But I think people need to respect the privacy part of it too.

• If you didn't want others to possibly save that picture, then you shouldn't put it up on a public site.

• You obviously don't understand Snapchat.

The thing is, Snapchat is designed to send pictures that self-destruct, and there is no "page" in which the pictures are saved. So this isn't Facebook or Instagram or Tumblr.

Snapchat is more of a picture messenger than a web-based-profile.

• I have no idea how you connected my comment to that theory lol

• Snapchat isn't a public site. It's an app where you send pictures to whoever you're connected to and the picture disappears after how many seconds you want. There is no way to recover or get the picture back after it disappears it's gone for good. The only way to save it is for you to download before you press send (or you can't have it either) or for them to screenshot it. It's not like with facebook anyone can see. You choose who can see and for how long.

• I don't care. If it's a picture I post on my story, then it's no big deal. If it's a picture I send privately, then I might care because it might be a picture that is embarrassing or isn't the most flattering of me and that's why I jokingly sent it on snapchat. Most times though, I don't care.

• I usually get confused considering my snapchat photos are usually of random things. Certainly nothing worth saving!

• I don't have anyone but close friends on my snapchat and I don't send any photos that I'm not cool with those people saving.

• Meh I don't care at all. If I sent it to you then you can do whatever, I don't really have control over that. Plus, I'm fully aware that you can screenshot Snaps, even if the entire purpose of the app was for temporary pictures.

• Nahhh mostly people who screenshot my Snap's are close and it was meant for them to screenshot cause it was funny. Other than that I don't send out a video or pic that I felt would haunt me... besides screen shots don't scare me lol I know what I said or what I did😏👌

• I've never had it happen, but it'd be fine. I don't really send photos often anyway. I mainly use it for the filters.

• I don't have snapchat!

• I don't use Snapchat

• I feel like if you dont want your picture looked at and saved like that, why even send it out in the first place.

• Snapchat is used for its "self-destruction" feature and the lack of the photos being posted on a website that can be public.

Are you one of those "live your life with zero risks and always play it safe" type of people?

• I don't mind that it informs me someone did. But i don't want someone else to know I took one. Hypocritical I know.

• I have never used snapchat so I can't say :)

• When I snapchat my fiends we screenshot to take piss out of each other but if it's serious conversations then we don't it would piss us all off or if it's someone I don't like screenshot my story that pissed me off in the past but unless it's a picture that I want to disappear after the ten seconds for example sexual then I've always made sure no screenshots or snapsave was used but otherwise I'm fine 😌

• I don't mind at all, I don't have a snapchat account. :D

• i don't care, if i post something i like the way i look there so screenshot away

• If it's a stupid snap then fine. If it's an ugly selfie I will hunt you down lol. If it's nudes for the boyfriend he can screenshot alll he wants lol

• I don't mind. The friends/fam I have on snapchat I'm quite comfortable around and I don't really send anything questionable.

• That's the very reason why I don't have Snapchat lol, among others.

• Psh no I think it's funny. Just expect revenge 😏

• If I didn't want the pic looked at I wouldn't have saved it

• I only snap good friends, so I don't really care. Sometimes I'll screenshot if someone is really drunk to send it back to them in the morning. 😆

What Guys Said 13

• No i love that it does that lol

• I don't use Snap ever. Don't be fooled. There are ways of taking screenshots without the sender knowing. Same with any other app or website. KIK, Insta and even GAG. FB, Skype and Twitter... All pictures can be captured.

Don't want them copied and saved? Then don't post them!

• I'll be writing a bit more as part of a series of myTakes on the dangers of sending naughty pics. First part is already posted.

• Oh trust me I am very much aware of the ways to get around the "taking a screenshot of a Snapchat message" to retrieve it. I was mainly talking about a user's reaction to seeing their Snap be saved. :-P

• It's the internet. Don't ever send a pic to anyone unless you'd be okay with it falling into the hands of your enemies.

• THey couldn't: I don't have snapchat.

• Lol another way to lose a snap buddy.. I added this one girl and I screenshoted the shit out of her snaps.. She deleted me.

• If it was someone I know, I would probably just be curious as to why they screen shotted it. But I wouldn't mind. But if it was someone I didn't know, I would be weirded out

• Depends on the photo

• I said B depend what kind of pic it is but I don't do that snapchat thing.

• I don't have snapchat!

• In the brief time I had snapchat, people were good enough to not screenie my stupid snaps :P

• I don't have snapchat, but some people took my pictures from other things. I do not like it.

• if you dont like it then dont use snapchat.

• What is cool about Snapchat is that it lets you know what user took a screenshot, and what picture the user saved, so the user can decide to block that user from your profile. :-D

• unless you use another app to take screenshots like snapsave. this does not give any notification.

• I am very aware of the ways to get around the user getting notified, I was mainly talking about the reaction one would have that their pic was screenshot'd. :-P

• You wanna screenshot my pink oboe, you go ahead... I don't care.