How would you react if you overheard someone say 'The Holocaust was a great idea'?

And they were being completely serious about it. Your reaction?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would walk up to them, make them repeat what they said and kick their asses for it. The perks of knowing martial arts lol

• It'd probably be a guy your fighting so you might get your arse kicked and if you did it would be your fault you have no right to assault someone.

• @Josht11 yeah lol because you have no idea of how martial arts work.

• This is why I don't fight fair,
      "You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?"

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be refraining myself from knocking the guy out, my great, or great, great uncle fought in WW2 and saw those camps, I've seen pictures and my people were one of the first groups persecuted by the Nazi's and put into the camps.

And honestly anyone who wants to bring this back, is out of their damn mind. And this isn't even how bad it really was this is really toned down compared to the actual thing.
    https://youtu.be/sHcJtU9dr6I

What Girls Said 20

• I guess I'd just walk away. It's not worth getting upset over. Funnily enough, I did know someone a while ago who was literally given the nickname 'Nazi' in school and he was pretty much always arguing with someone about how Hitler was actually a good guy.

• Just facepalm myself "wow just wow" and I only say that when I'm literally at a lost for words. They don't even deserve a response from me because it's just that bad 😑😞

• i'd tell em that's fucked up.

• I'd be thinking, "Wow, I almost forgot people like this actually exist..."

• they basically don't though.

• @genericname85 "regret and guilty conscience"? My sphincter.
      You're dreaming. I've known children and grandchildren of Belgian Nazis. Several of them. They felt a great injustice had been done to the Nazis, after WW2.

• @jacquesvol i´m speaking about war vets who fought under hitler living in germany. sure there will be some sick freaks that though everything they did was right but that´s not common. don´t know too much about belgium xD

• I would back away very slowly.

• I would assume they were former nazi!

• former nazis would be over 90 now. He's a neonazi.

• @anonman32 No but its what they deserve

• @Waffles731 who are you to say what others deserve? if you allow the death penalty then you make your legal system a system of retribution, and not a system of correction. but i am not trying to change your views. i just believe that a nation which has a legal system of retribution is no better than organized crime.

• I would honestly just walk away, I have no time to waste around such people.

• I'd be horrified

• I would be shocked. I would ask if they were serious and if they knew what they were talking about.
    If they were serious I would stay away from this person.

• I'd say that's fucked up

• I'd be disappointed in that person.

• I would think he's an idiot that's not worth my time

• How does the saying go? For evil to triumph all that's needed is for good people to stand by and do nothing.

• My boss doesn't like Jewish people and she would jokingly say how she wishes Hitler would come back and do it again.

• if it's a joke then how does she not like them.

• @orphan You're a softie.

• so is my mom (raised in Mississippi). but she doesn't joke about blk people. by the way, the town she's from is still segregated. it's a trip. Natchez, ms

• I would just shake my head.

• Shock, & the desire to hear what their sick reasonings for that opinion are

• I d fucking kill him

• @Josht11 fine then hahhaa
      I am fucked up
      and if I wanna torture them that makes me?

• you are actually a psychopath you want to kill and torture someone because of their beliefs you are actually as bad as a neo-nazi if not worse.

• *slap* "maybe I should kill of your culture!"

• I would be disgusted and walk away after expressing a very colorful opinion

• I would literally slap them out.

• Just ignore them, this world is filled with idiots...

What Guys Said 21

• I would report them to the police as it is illegal in my country to deny or whitewash the holocaust (and rightly so). I major in history and I am a continental European. It's not an opinion I'll even discuss with anyone. People who say this kinda stuff should get fined so badly they won't go on vacation for the next 5-10 years.

• My grandfathers cousin was in the army and helped liberate one of the camps.
    After what they saw, unless they had orders to take in a specific SS officer alive, they shot surrendering waffen SS was it a war crime to shoot surrendering SS, yes it was,
    Was it absoluetely morally the right thing to do to shoot surrendering waffen ss also yes,
    What I'd do would follow this man into a back alley and shove a knife into his back and stab him in the heart

• was it morally right to shoot someone who surrendered fuck no, also you'd kill someone just because of what they said I think your the fucked up one.

• What a douchebag. Those Nazi bitches shot down my grandpas uncles plane in WW2 over France. Plus my family heritage is Czechoslovakian of German descent so I despise the Nazi ideology

• So yes the only good Nazi is a dead one

• There has been more than one holocaust, all morally repugnant. No one group has a monopoly on the term. Just sayin'.

• Isn't everything else just called genocide

• @Josht11 Did they rewrite the dictionary without telling me? The nerve of some people! Per the OED 'The Holocaust' referring to nazi atrocities agaist jews and other groups has been in our vocab only since 1945. Holocaust meaning 'a great slaughter or massacre' has been around since the late 17th century.
      I prefer not to allow nazi atrocities to distract from other horrors. The nuclear holocaust visited upon Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Armenian holocaust. The Greek holocaust. The 10,000,000 who died in Stalin's gulags, the 3,500,000 who died in the Russian famine of 1932/33, primarily in the Ukraine where it is known as the Holodomor. Deaths in the Ukraine alone somewhere between 2,500,000 and 7,500,000. The Irish famine of the 1840's, not caused by the British but exacerbated by their blind worship of laissez fair economics, 1,000,000 dead. The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. Darfur. Rwanda.
      No special status in my book for Hitler or his millions of innocent victims. Sorry.

• as a german i would show him some pics and videos and tell them from what i´ve been told from my grand parents... if he doesn´t change his mind then, he´s not a huma and needs phsychological help.

• I protest and say: Nien Nien Nien!! No way is that a good thing to say!
    Bet you did Nazi that coming eh? :v

Then I'd probably say hitler was a pedophile and should eat a bag of dicks... but he might like that so I'd probably just leave. >.>

• Wouldn't really care to be honest, just be like well I don't think it was too good.

• I would be completely devastated. I mean, sure one can think it was, but I couldn't understand why, especially being of Jewish ancestry...

• That's just wrong.

• Ignore them, not worth my time.

• Id shake my head and ask him what drugs was he on

• if tattoo their concentration camp number on their fingertips

• I would be interested in their explanation.

• I wouldn't react. People are entitled to their opinion and this is the ultimate test of Free Speech.

• I thought the right to free speech didn't include incitement to hatred. Holocausts are not matters of opinion opinion, they're factual, plus anyone who says holocausts are a good idea is, at the very least, condoning, if not encouraging mass murder based on race or religion or sexual preference or what have you.

• @Josht11 Why only jews? The Holocaust caught up other groups as well. Gypsies. Homosexuals.

• @Josht11 That's a bit of sophistry, I think. To say that a holocaust is a good thing is to condone mass murder and to accept as valid the motivation for said crime.

• I would instantly think "This guy/girl is a fascist".

• haha lol.

• Smh and then just be like really bro really

• i wouldn't care

• I would be sad and would analyze from what I saw of the person why they might possibly feel that way.

• I'd be repulsed but I don't expect much from people so I wouldn't be too surprised.

The thing I find more interesting is how many people hold views which are essentially fascistic but don't realize it. They think they are liberals but they are basically fascists without the nationalism.

• "He will make America great again"

• trump doesn't hate jews, trump isn't racist.

• @Josht11 Trump has the support of most racists

• doesn't make him racist by proxy.

• Oh nothin much just a bunch of obvious white nationalists neo nazi rightists scum who never won will never win