Do you have the same confidence in person as you do online?

Sure, you're confident and outspoken online, cool.
But are you the same way in person? Or are you more introverted?
Do you lack confidence in both scenarios?

• I'm always confident! Both online and in person!
  • I'm more confident online because people can't see me.
  • I am introverted and I lack confidence both in person and online
  • I'm introverted online and confident in person.
  • I don't like people, please leave me alone.
  • Do you have the same confidence in person as you do online?

Most Helpful Guy

• noooooooope, not at all lol... way more confident online (but still kinda insecure when it comes to certain things)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and I don't give a A!

What Guys Said 37

• I'm actually more reserved online, because context, tone and intent don't carry across in text form very well. I'm also mindful of the fact that websites are usually international and not everyone gets British humor (which is fully of irony and usually very dry).

• About the same. I have the same confidence and I'm just as outspoken and opinionated IRL.

The differences are
    1) I'm around a completely different kind of people IRL.
    2) I have close to zero patience with people online.

• I'm introverted yet it has nothing to do with the level of confidence I have. That's a stereotype based on shy or socially awkward people, in which extroverts can be that way too. :)

• I'm a shy extrovert so as soon as I'm comfortable with the group or person. I'm more outgoing in person.

• At least.

• Same. Just one, gigantic smartass.

• about the same with online being slightly ahead but on occasion i can be more bold IRL then i ever could online sometimes i think back and was like how did i even get away with that
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../this-is-jenga-o.gif

• I'm pretty much the same person online that I am in real life, the only difference is I am a tad more quieter in real life as I tend to listen more and speak less, other then that, same guy.

• Yeah, in both I'm confident, but much less of an asshole IRL than online lmao

• I am more confident online. I also think I am better at expressing my thoughts with text.

• I'm confident both online and in real life. I don't change.

• I can be confident in person if I know how I am supposed to act and know what to say. I was confident in high school when I gave speeches infront of the class which always got everyone's attention. Now online I can still show confidence and charisma but I limit it because I know how sensitive people can be online, people can misinterpret what you say online and many people can screenshot your conversation and either make you famous or infamous for what you type.

• With the anonymity of the Internet ofcourse one is more outspoken and such. But I try to stand for my opinions and argue for them. So how could I not be confident if I have reson and a lot of proper arguments behind my thoughts. I would actually say that one of the biggest problems today is people who only base their opinion on such things as belief and emotions and a lack of reson. So I would urge people to read a bit about a subject before they form an opinion as one is only non confident if you doubt your own resoning.

• No, I'm much more shy on-line :)

• Well... I am a little less confident online... because people here are from different cultures and back ground who have more experience than I... so yes I am way more confident in the offline world.

• Yes, what you see is what you get. Never understood the hiding behind keyboard and being brave but scared like a little kitten in real life. Just don't understand.

• I'm very confident in person, but still reserved and observant. That's not to say I won't be blunt with you if you deserve it, but people in real life don't tend to act all that crazy around me for the most part.

• haha not at all, I just asked a girl out through fb message, and immediately logged out of fb before her response could come. I hardly ask out girls in person

• Can confirm I'm an outspoken douchebag in real life too.

• Nope, I have less confidence in real life as I'm more shy in real life.

• Sadly I really can't say I do

• lol no XD i can be a lot more open online.

• Not introverted online but more thoughtful.

• I'm pretty much the same in person and online

• more so in real life

• im a shy introvert im totally a different person in person

• Nah I am more confident in real life lol

• I am the same I just tone down the humour and sarcasm a little bit in RL.

• What do you think? :P

• I am who I am no matter where I am.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 25

• I haven't voted because for me it depends on the situation in both real life and online.

I don't really say what I want online any more so than I do in real life, online it's easier to find people with the same interests as you and to talk about those shared interests and spark up a friendship/become acquaintances with someone that way but I don't see that as being confident.

Both online and offline my confidence depends on who I am talking to and in what situation - would I go up to someone in real life in my spare time and start speaking to them if I don't know them? No

Would I do it if asked to for a job? Yes

Am I confident talking publicly in a presentation? No, am I confident talking to customers I'm serving at work? Yes

Same online depends who I'm talking to and in what situation do I have enough confidence to meet someone on a dating site? No... do I have the confidence to send someone a message on Instagram if I like their photos? Yes

• i can't explain it. I'm the same, but i choose not to show it as much in real life.

• "A" for Absolutely... Wise ol Owl in Life and here, dear, as Well...
    And being on Gag for over two years and counting, This has only made me Wiser as Time goes on and More sure, Online and Off.
    Good luck and Great question, @XNicholeMariex3 xx

• I'm not confident in both, I'm working on it though. I'm not confident because I still want to improve things about myself, once I get there, I will most probably be confident.

• i'm more blunt with real people since i can get away with it bc they can tell i mean no harm from my body language. on here, i throw in tact as needed.

• Confidence level is just about the same, but I'm more outspoken in real life.

• I'm the same online as I am offline, and my confidence could be better.

• I picked more confident online cus I don't give as much as a shit if I hurt people's feelings when explaining opinions etc so I'm more blunt. The other reason is online you know a fair few people will read one of your posts, whereas in life you can see just how many people will be talking to you or looking at you. Doesn't mean I'm not confident it's just I can be shy.

• I am confident online as well as offline.
    May be more confident when it comes to real (offline) life.

• I voted on B. I'm way more confident online.
    And it's not only because people can't see me, but also because I feel that they won't judge me as much as people in real life.

• I'm not confident at all IRL lol

• I am pretty quiet in real life since I'm a little old fashioned and really not into everything that others my age are. Online I have to keep reminding myself that no one knows who I am so I can do whatever I want.

• Yep I'll say the same things I say online to people in person.

• In person, I tend to be more aware of people's feelings because I can gauge body language and vocal cues. However, I still see no reason not to tell people the truth. I just might soften the blow a little.

• I'm not outspoken at all, I'm very introverted, and I lack confidence in person. I'm still not as outspoken and honest online either but it's still better than I am in person.

• It's like, I'm the same way, but I don't show it as easily in person. Not very confident either way tho lol.

• I have social anxiety. I'm more confident online.

• Probably the same level of confidence overall. It just depends on the setting I'm in. Online or in person, there are certain groups I' feel uncomfortable around and others I feel totally okay to speak.

• I'm pretty much the same online and offline.

• Just about. I get moody tho

• Little bit more confidence online

• Since you don't talk online I feel more confident because I have a little problem with stuttering. Also you don't see the person in front of you

• I'm the same in real life, why be any different?

• I'm more confident online because people can't see me

• just as much in person esp if im in heels !