What is the most amount of tabs that you have had open at one time?

I have a habit of opening tabs with the intention of reading them later and then forgetting about them. Still I'm reluctant to close them because I've convinced myself they are worth looking at later on. Over time they start to build up and I become overwhelmed with tabs ヾ ( •́д•̀ ) ノ

It's the same on my phone too... Normally it shows the number of tabs you have in the top right but once you reach 99 it stops showing the exact number and replaces it with what appears to be : D
I'd estimate I currently have around 115 tabs open on my phone...
>.<

So does anyone else suffer from this affliction?

• 0-10
  • 11-25
  • 26-50
  • 51-60
  • 61-99
  • 100-150
  • 150+

Most Helpful Girl

• Yessss! I actually am suffering of that right now xD It happens mostly when I'm like: "oh! a nice video. Let me open that to watch later. oh, interesting question. I'll for sure read and answer that later too" and it just goes on and on lol.
    I don't know what was the most amount of tabs I have had open at one time, but I know that my chrome has stopped working some times because of that 😂

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 22

• I have sooo many tabs 😅 I forget to close, every single time. Worse is when Im online shopping, and then i sort of drift off to something else and leave those tabs open to come back to them, but I don't lol. And then there's gif hunting, few more tabs, pressing new tab when I click questions on gag, and so on. And then when it gets difficult to switch tabs cause there's no space to click on them I open a new window. 😂 And on mac, you never really turn off your computer. I think I have some tabs still open from last week lol. 😅 oh yup I do.
    I don't know why but I feel sad when I close a whole window of 40 tabs 😅😅😞 Its like Im missing out on something that I was supposed to save for later.

• "I don't know why but I feel sad when I close a whole window of 40 tabs Its like Im missing out on something that I was supposed to save for later"

Yeah that happened to me once when my computer froze. But luckily chrome has an option where you can restore the most recently closed tabs :)

• a lot. I'm big on tabbing. Apparently carrying that habit over to my phone, where just the other day I learned that iPhones apparently have a limit on the number of tabs that you can have open as I seem to have maxed out on that. :P

• lol, when it maxed out do you think it was more than 115?

Are a lot of your tabs from gag?

• ooh... maybe not 115. I can't imagine my iphone 6 handling THAT much haha. probably 50 or so?
      I've probably hit 115 on my laptop, though on separate windows. I usually resort to opening a new window versus tab once I have to start horizontal scrolling through my tabs. :P

• Sweet, so on phone I have you beat :p

Yeah, same. After a while you can't see the tabs and you have to open up a new window. My goal for over the weekend is to get my phone and pc down to 10 tabs each :)

• I don't do more than 10 tabs, and I do that only when I'm currently doing some kind of research or comparison shopping. I use Save-to-Read (in Firefox). Then there's no need. :)

• I have had over 150 tabs open at once, I'd recon it was in the area of 175. i had 30 or so for studying for a test, another window with 20 or so trying to work out why my feet turn grayish-purple (Raynauda, apparently) over 50 for pokemon tips and tricks, and about 75 random ones.

• like 12 of them!

• Seriously? I thought I was being excessive about opening 10 tabs. I use to bookmark a lot of pages to read later and I forget all about them, though

• Usually I have at least 12 open, and I use them all.
    But I've experimented and the most i got open was 300

• Maybe 42 or so but it gets so messy after a while so I rather just add a second window on another desktop instead..

• fuck outta here with that bullshit, i can't have more than 15 or i'll click exit on the whole window.

• I think at least from 26-50. Sometimes I get out of control, lol. It could be even more honestly.

• I keep it to one or two windows up at a time.
    I don't like tabs haha

• My phone stopped counting at 500.

• Im anal about this. I only keep 1 or 2 tabs open max.

• i hate it when i have a ton of tabs open. huge pet peeve lol

• Vote A. Atm I only have six open.

• about 26 at the moment, because exam are coming up and most of them are school related.

• One time i remember like 38 O. o

• I don't keep a tab of that... :-P

• Probably over 20

• 11 maybe?

• its a pt peeve of mine. haha i need as little as possible open

• 16 on my phone lol

What Guys Said 21

• I have about 37 on my browser window... now... intentional.
    but when looking stuff up on my phone and it opens up a new window, i think the max I've ever had was 63

• If you're using Chrome as your browser there's an extension that will save your tabs as files or PDFs for later reading.

• Never counted but definitely no more than 15.

• Dude like a million lol

• more than I've ever counted but what you've got on that screen shot... that is insane, lol.

your computer must operate at 2mph...

• I never have more than 3 open when I'm using my laptop or desktop. I feel that having too many open slows down my computer.

• TvTropes... 'nuff said.
    https://xkcd.com/609/

• anything over ten it gets too cluttered.

• 2-3 no more usually.

• I have this weird thing where I feel disgusting and unorganized if I have too many. I've had maybe 3 at most. When it gets higher than 3, I feel like shit.

• I hve no such problem, I'm far to much a neat freak specifically on my computer,

• I hate leaving tabs and apps open. I always close mine in the background. Call it a pet peeve.

• Lol there r too many good GAG questions and takes to read

• I'm always watching the market. Then I got homework on pearson labs.. then I got IG. Then I got gag.

• You invest?

• Don't have the capital. I have some high yielding dividend stocks but nothing crazy. I'm always watching the market though.. will be investing and swing trading after college.

• more than 25

• when viewing porn... i'll open ones to look at in full when i'm ready ---- 50+

• lol, mine never gets quite that bad. At most i may have like 20 tabs open

• 51 but it was not on gag.

• Somewhere around 15, but that rarely happens. I usually only have a few or just one open.

• i have 27 pinned tabs on my laptop

• 4. Two different email accounts & two stock market tabs.
    Sites like this, ebay etc I go incognito.

• Why go incognito for gag?

• Just to keep the cache from getting a thousand URL's.