There was a potentially harmful spider in my room so I picked it up put it on a piece of paper lit it with a match and burned am I a bad person?

• Yes that's worse than squashing it and killing it
  • No you're not
  • only if its poisonous then its okay

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not just smash it and put it out of its misery quickly? I'm not against killing a potentially dangerous spider, but I see no reason to punish it for simply existing.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but in my opinion you should of just squished it, quicker and less painful for the spider than burning it.

What Girls Said 10

• Nope, you're just doing the world a favor!

• I found a spider before I got in the shower in my bathroom so I grabbed the hairspray, drowned it in hairspray and giggled while thinking to myself "HOLD still, you'll be STIFF in a minute, you'll be DYING to see the end result" xD

• Doesn't necessarily makes you a bad person but couldn't have ended it quickly by just smashing it?
    Not only does it dies right away but it's the fastest and practical way.

• Kill it with fire. Literally.

You've done your countrymen a service. Glory to arstostka!😂

• I will run away and screaming like a girl lol

• Should have just stepped on it.

• that was terrible,...

put yourself in his "legs". I would've just trapped it in a cup and threw it out the window... burning it is the worst thing anyone could do.

• Yeah but then it would have reproduced and brought more back into my house rihgt?

• wrong - if it was outside it wouldve never came back in.

If you think about it - you have tiny bugs living all over your house, you just can't see it. But burning the poor spider was a big mistake on your part. You killed him alive.

• Your very brave. But yes kill them all with fire. Squashing is the worst... I've been told it lays it's eggs when you do that.

• I don't think that's how it works.

• @samhradh_leannan maybe not I ain't going to take the risk finding out ;P

• If eggs squeeze out when you smash a spider, they'll probably get smashed too, but in addition, they probably wouldn't be fertilized at that point.

• Yeah you are. There are better ways to kill it. Would you want someone to burn you?

• I so would have done the same. I'm terrified of them!

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think doing that one thing makes you a bad person. Simply throwing him out the window or stepping on it would've been a better option though. A quick death is better than a long painful death. Either way you are not a bad person just because if that.

• Nope you just don't like spiders I don't like em either after being bit by like a dozen lethally poisonous ones they tend to start to piss you off and get on your nerves.

• You were afraid of a little spider, so you decided to solve that by adding more to global warming?

I wouldn't call you a bad person. Just severely insecure.

• That's evil Bruh. What I do is, make a house of matchsticks , put the spider inside it, and light it on fire.

• why not just squash it, it is easier

• I don't think they can actually feel pain

• That spider required a proper Christian funeral you goddamn animal

• Kind of weird, but whatever floats your boat

• yes, worse than hitler.

• unless you live in australia or new zealand there are no poisonus spiders... just a fact.