How can someone very smart and kind to others also be a serial cheater?

My friend (let's call her Janice) has so far cheated on every single boyfriend she ever had. Her reason is because she's just into the thrill and according to her just feels like it and in her own words ''it's funny, wouldn't care if I got caught, bfs come and go''.

She claims to have not ever felt bad when cheating and that she'll continue to. Ironically, she was Salutatorian in her HS (even got a grade skipped so she was still 16 when she graduated), high standardized exams, 138 IQ and has still maintained an 3.80 GPA in college. She's mainly described as kind to others though and always a helper.

Most Helpful Guy

• Plenty of people are fake charmers. Many people have a problem seeing through the bullshit. The more important question in my mind is, why would you keep someone like that close to you?

• I guess since that was the first time I've ever encountered someone that doesn't feel bad for hurting others (I can't imagine investing part of your life with someone you dearly trust and they betraying you in such a disgusting manner) and it makes me wonder how anyone can be that way.
      For the outside and at the workplace as well as college life, she seems like the typical normal girl with friends who many like.

• Yeah the ones that go around flattering everyone are usually the ones that would put a knife in your back without blinking. Real people have emotions/moods... Some will like them, others not so much, but at least you know what you are dealing with.

What Guys Said 2

• you can be very smart but not have morals. those are two different things. it´s an egoistic way of thinking. by her logic, she probably has no downsides to her behavior.

classical case of:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...48ea483307.jpg

• I don't think she even knows what's it like really hurting someone and seeing their pain. I'm guessing at some point she'll eventually see that. I don't know.

She's been cheating ever since she had her first boyfriend shortly after her HS graduation. Basically she even cheated on the guy that was her first and has been doing it ever since.

• well if she doesn´t know, she´s fucking dumb... maybe she´s above average intellect but she should do an EQ-Test and see how she does there. i bet not very well.

• Lmao. Hey... sounds like a guy to me. 😂 Or the perfect girl. Seems like she's out to have fun, and at that age what else should she be doing?

• Yes but I can't imagine how those she cheated on would feel like (so far she's never really been caught) if one of them found out.

• Yea, you got a point. If you trynna be serious and she is messing around on you, that would suck. So I guess it goes both ways.

What Girls Said 2

• Just because she is smart doesn't mean she can't also be a terrible person to her boyfriends.

• She's a sociopath. And adept at concealing it.

• Yeah seems like it. Guess she won't ever change her ways and see how she's hurting others by cheating.

• Nope. Stay clear of that one.