Why doesn't the united states just not get involved in the middle east?

i hear people talking on talk shows how we can't let them do this or that. why not? if we just turned our back on them, i promise you someone else will do something about it. and honestly who cares if russia or iran wants to waste their money and lives on it. lets use our resources on making our selected better. share any of your thought.

0|0
5|30

Most Helpful Girl

• We should. I'm tried of us getting blamed for everything that goes wrong in the world, and no praise for anything that goes right. People only remember the bad things, not any of the good, so what's the point? Being a "leader" internationally is a thankless job. Might as well focus on ourselves and let the Middle East and their conflicts tear themselves apart for all we care.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's an awfully whiny attitude. The matter of fact is that the US hasn't done much good in the past 50 years speaking in terms of international affairs. I can't think of a single thing that was good. However, I can think of tons of bad stuff. And viewing yourself as this big innocent victim ("everyone is so mean with us, we've tried so much but it's such a thankless job") is a very cynical and offensive attitude considering MILLIONS of innocent civilians have died due to US military interventions in the past half century.

• @BlueCoyote so how do we fixed that issue, by getting involved that results in even more people dying. i think she is right, let them solve their own speaking problems.

• @BlueCoyote How about our interference in helping to stop the Bosnian genocide? What about Somalia and the many thousands of lives saved in that intervention? The billions of dollars we've spend on humanitarian, foreign aide? Our military aid to Japan after the tsunami and earthquake, and the millions of dollars given? Our huge sums of money to Indonesia and Pakistan for their people? What about the money to the Syrian people, for food, clean water, shelter, etc? Relief efforts in Haiti?

What about all of those efforts and more that have saved MILLIONS of lives around the world? Forgotten. I'm not surprised you can't think of any of them.

I don't disagree that we should stay out of international affairs, though. We really should focus on ourselves from now on, and let people solve their own problems.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really somewhat amusing for me to see when Americans genuinely don't understand why US fucks up Middle East constantly.

Because US needs to spark a war massive enough to prevent going bankrupt due to national debt that is already 19 trillions (not billions or millions). The stakes are so high, they are ready to sacrifice anything (inc. their own citizens; sudden leak of coverage of Saudi Arabia's (US closest ally in Middle East) ties to 9/11, anyone? No? Nobody's interested?)

By fucking up Middle East, US accomplishes a few objectives:
    1.) Allows Saudis to expand their influence, which they share with US, inc. cheap oil and whatnot.
    2.) Advances fanatics (moslem terrorists) closer to Russia and China.
    3.) Floods Europe with "refugees" that are mostly moslem males under the age of 30, which obviously creates heavy movement of far-right within locals that aren't happy about being invaded by moslem barbarians.

How's the war going to help US? Simple:
    1.) Elimination of competitors, collapse of European/Asian stock market and other business disasters in Europe/Asia. What kind of business can operate in a war-torn region? What if that "region" are 2 continents? Who's going to compete with US then? Canada and Australia?
    2.) Rich fleeing to a safe harbor, along with their money. US sure knows how to attract them.
    3.) Military might. So far NATO is mostly funded by US and majority of weaponry is provided by the US (heck, whole NATO is basically US and a bunch of cocksucker countries), however, should war within Europe spark, US can suddenly be like "well, you gotta pay if you want to use our shit". The price can go up to eleven.

It's pretty much that simple.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with you, we should stay out of it and let them fight each other alone.

Though the reason we don't stay out of it is probably due to oil.

0|1
    0|0
  • The US has always been up in everyone's business..

0|0
    0|0
  • It's for political and financial reasons. They're not doing it because they care for the people. They're getting some kind of financial gain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the Middle East is where all the oil is.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• Because previously the US did just that and ended up getting (arguablly) dragged into it. Once WWII ended we had the cold war with the soviet union which took place mostly in the middle east (the fall of the ottoman empire created a power vaccum which both sides attempted to exploit). This pretty much got us stuck in the middle east and now I think we continue to meddle because thats just what we do (tradition or what have you), no one really realizing why we started to begin with. But I do agree we should probably stop because nothing good comes of it and we have our own issues to deal with which we can't if where off fighting wars or dealing with political drama in other places in the world.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chamberlain hoped and prayed that Great Britain could avoid involvement with the war in Europe so he made a deal with Hitler and bought peace for a short while, then Hitler turned his back on the deal and his air force was now much stronger and he began bombing England. That's what happened when Great Britain tried that strategy.

There are people in the Middle East who will not rest until all Americans are dead or converted to Islam. Do you think we should make a deal with them?

0|2
    0|0
    • These people didn't even exist before US military interventions in the middle east. Did you honestly think the people in the middle east are just born as terrorists, that they've got some kind of gene that naturally makes them into extremist idiots? The middle east used to once be a pretty peaceful region. Back in the early 60s, Afghanistan flourished as a tourist destination for young, adventurous people from the west. It was only due to US political and military interventions starting in the late 50s and early 60s that the middle east slowly turned more and more into a poverty ridden, extremist shit hole

• Show All
    • OlderAndWiser, I hope you now understand why there are no terrorist attacks in Europe.

• @0112358 How could I be so blind?

• Because the USA has been the sockpuppet of the Jewish lobby, as well as the Rothschilds (banking) and Rockefellers (oil) (both also Jewish), since the beginning of the 20th Century.
    Teddy Roosevelt was the last US president who was not their puppet.
    It is almost impossible to be elected to the US Congress, or Senate, without the support of the Jewish-owned media and the backing of Jewish money.
    See None Dare Call It Conspiracy, by Gary Allen (1972) and Jewish Supremacism, by Dr David Duke.
    Both books have been researched wrll and referenced comprehensively.

1|1
    0|0
  • My guess is that black stuff... oil. lot of it goes on the market globally. If that was turned off... economic issues. So they have to, as a world power, stay engaged to try and stabalize. But it seems every thing we do, just makes it worse.

There is an element of concern for the innocent people... there always are some, what can we do for them? It seems an endless mess... who can fix it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Up until last year the US imported more oil than it produced and key allies of the US still import more oil than they produce, so there was never really a choice to just stay out of it altogether. Other important factors are the Israel-lobby and its popular support among American evangelical voters as well as the fact that if the US (and the West in general) stayed out people would be complaining they aren't doing anything to stop such and such genocide, ISIS, etc... (damned if you do, damned if you don't)

0|0
    0|0
    • well if we stay out of it, we would save a lot of money and they would still hate us but at least we didn't waste recources or lives.

• Coz america have been empire building since ww2. They want everything for their sick corporations to exploit. They learned how to invade without tanks and troops. They use the world bank and the imf to destabilise a country now and spread 'democracy.' Most of americas gdp goes on the military. Why? Who the hells out there to fight? Everybody. Do as we say or else.

0|0
    0|0
  • We never wanted anything from the Middle East except the oil. Bush and Cheney completely fabricated the whole WMD nonsense to get us into position to control the oil. In fact, Bush actually knew there were no WMDs before he decided to invade. The idea of the USA being the worlds police men is what is going to be the demise of this once great country.

0|0
    0|0
  • -oil
    -governmental obligation
    -world power requirements
    -control in an area that threatens democracy

0|0
    0|0
  • The USA wants the oil from the Middle East, if it wasn't for oil and other fossil fuels the USA wouldn't meddle at all in the Middle East.

0|0
    0|0
  • vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    Get involved? They already are mate...

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • LOL... It's admirable that you think the US government cares about the middle east at all.

Let's put it this way. When you're the biggest weapons manufacturer, arming both sides of a war on the other side of the planet makes a lot of sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • Two reasons, One the middle east if full of oil and the second reason is the Military Industrial Complex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, they have been killing each other over there for thousands of years nothing we do is going to change it so I say we just let them kill each other

0|0
    0|0
  • there are a few rich and powerful lobbies that invest huge money in keeping us entangled in the middle east to facilitate their own ends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ever heard of 9/11?

And all that havoc in Europe?

Ever notice that people are always wanting to move to the West and not the other way around?

Read, "Civilization: A New History of the Western World," by Roger Osborne...

It almost brings a tear to my eye...

But not in a "white power," way...

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you know the entire Middle East was British and French colonies following World War I when the Ottoman Empire collapsed...

A lot of the strife is the result of these artificial lines that the European Powers drew...

I actually agree with ISIS that they should make it one large Arab state...

That's how it was for thousands of years under the Caliphates until the Ottomans took over...

• Our politicians hint hint George Bush, Ted Cruz, and Donald Trump are idiots. They do not know how to be leaders and they lack any brains.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to keep track of those people their animals for the most part.

and also what about human rights. children woman and young men shouldn't have to live like that.

Also they might have resource we could harvest.

Those three reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are Bastards

0|0
    0|0
  • numerous marines told me opium was one of the main reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, we should just GTFO.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we don't know how to mind our own business.

0|0
    0|0
  • Global markets.

0|0
    0|0
  • because israel wills it.

0|0
    0|0
  • they have there own agenda and it's not good I mean there's a reason they bombed the twin towers

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding? There is a shit ton of oil there.
    Gotta feed the greed of the oil companies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money & Israel. Works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because US started this so they must finish this by themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • That's exactly what's been happening in Syria. The us has waffled and drawn lines in the sand while not actually backing any party. Finally the Russians did move in hard and bombed the fuck out of a lot of anti-Assad factions. Syria is a fucking mess and the west could likely have prevented it.

If you imagine everything can just be fine if the US just sits on the sidelines or that various murderous factions won't keep spreading you're dreaming, or have spent too much time listening to Marxist professors who love to beat up on the us while living off it.

The 'easy' way to contain the Middle East is to prop up local dictators who crush any opposition and fund them to do so. That's how most empires have done it in the past and the US has played that game at times.

Bush Jr actually imagined he could spread democracy in the Middle East.

Obama was elected on a 'try to do as little as possible' in the Middle East mandate.

See how well those went.

0|0
    0|0