Rate this Mythological creature: The Gargoyle?

In architecture, a gargoyle is a stone carved masterpiece. With a spout design to convey water from a roof and away from the side of the building to prevent water from running down masonry walls and eroding the mortar between. Architects often used multiple gargoyles on buildings to divide the flow of rainwater off the roof to minimize the potential damage from a rainstorm.

In contemporary fiction, gargoyles are typically depicted as a (generally) winged humanoid race with demonic features (generally horns, a tail, talons, and may or may not have a beak). Gargoyles can generally use their wings (if they have any) to fly or glide and are often depicted as having a rocky hide, or being capable of turning into stone in one way or another, a reference to their structural roots. If they don't have wings, (like the one in the photo to the left), they will scale the building's outer walls and either walk the streets at night or they will go inside the building. Gargoyles are known to protect buildings from evil spirits.

In some variations gargoyles are used as the evil beings that eat humans but as said before they usually are used to protect places from evil.
Its been said that gargoyles can only communicate when either the wind or the rain passes between their mouths. Stangely enough its also been known that gargoyles have the strange ability of water manipulation.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

• I really love the way they protect buildings but they also protect people in the right circumstances

Most Helpful Guy

• He's jacked af

What Girls Said 7

• 2/5.

• I place them with the Gryphon's... I love them! 😍😍 so bad as a man. The cartoon made me love them anymore👏

• I like them :) 4/5

• Remember Gargoyles the show! AHHHH I loved that show :)
    5 out of 5

• That one is annoying to face in skyrim.

• They are ok
    They remind me of hist

• That's pretty cool. Are they like goblins?

What Guys Said 6

• They're cooler in some places/videos than others. They seem to usually be basically seen as simply winged goblins... They can be pretty cool if you imagine them the right way, but still not nearly one of my favorites.

• Ah very nice, always interested when I see architecture that has those on em.

• 4/5 i like it a lot

• Would fuck

• Gargoyles are awesome

• Badass af