Is christianity hateful?

This is probably gonna offend a lot of people but whatever. Why are Christians or a grand part of Christians so hateful? A lot of them are homophobic and misogynistic and other than that, Christians tend to dislike other Christians as well... like why. Why are a lot of them intolerant of other religions an if it's not other religions, they will prey on atheist and disrespect them? I don't mean to disrespect anyone here, especially if you're a devoted Christian. I mean doesn't the definition of a Christian, a follower Jesus Christ? A logical person would think that his followers would be more like him? Do you believe in Jesus, in your God or in your Bible, I don't understand?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Catholic, which is a denomination of Christianity, and it's not the religion that is hateful it's the followers that are hateful. The religion teaches that we should love one another, and the Ten Commandments tell is not to kill; unfortunatly, some Christians ar every hateful people, and that gives everyone else a bad name

What Girls Said 11

• Mmm that's a wrong presumption, people are hateful regardless of religion, some of the most hateful people I encountered are atheists/non religious.
    As for the LGBT, disagreeing with the movement shouldn't be considered as "Hate" as long as it's not violent or virulent, just as much as you disagree with the religion they follow, they have the right to disagree with the movement, you can't force your convictions on other people.
    Judging how a person is "kind' or 'Hateful" depending on religion or absence of religion is ridiculous.

• Wouldn't you be hateful if you had to fear for your soul every time to masturbate?😂 Jk guys just poking a little fun.

Honestly as an out lesbian the worst I've gotten is some idiot telling me that I'm going to hell. I don't cosider that hateful because it's never directed as though they are the ones who are going to send me to this place I don't even believe in. Christians are genuinely afraid for their lives and our "souls" because they believe that the more "sinful" the world is the sooner the end times will come. It's not their fault that none of their beliefs make any sense because they inherited it from thousands of years ago, not to mention that most that I've met are actually fine with lgbt and very kind and helpful. So no I wouldn't say Christianity is hateful.

• Take out out Christian and replace it with any other religion and the same could be said. And it would still be false. Because the religions aren't meant to be hateful, people make them that way. Christianity isn't about being homophobic or misogynistic or anything like that. The main principle is to love. Just because someone disagrees with something, it does not make them a hater of it. And as far as the whole atheist thing goes, I have seen far more hateful atheists than hateful Christians. And that's not to say that there aren't hateful people that call themselves Christians. There are. But they in no way make up the majority.

• Not every christian is hateful or homophobic, it just depends on the person you meet (although it's not okay at all!). Just like not all police men are brutal and evil and abuse their positions or all Asians are smart or that all black people steal, etc. Their are the good apples and the bad apples. You can't blame it on just the religion, you've got to look at the bigger picture.

• You're either talking about fundamentalists, or Muslims lol most Christians in the western world are not fundamentalists. They are quite secular and thus are not like what you described. Also, regarding on preying on atheists, it's mostly because the atheists start by attacking their beliefs first. If someone badmouths someone you love, wouldn't you be nasty to them as well?

• First of all, you shouldn't generalize Christians into one category of being hateful. They are not even real Christians. They use the Bible as an excuse to hate on others. Real Christians are loving and accept anyone, regardless of sexuality, religion, etc

• I noticed that even in Christianity Christians can not agree on beliefs. There are so many denominations in christianity

• Because there is a difference between fake Christians (they come forth like holy people but it's more to enhance their own reputation). These so called Christian give real Christians a bad name. And there are so many of the "fake" Christians (we'll call them that). So many that that's all that people see - them and their jidgemental words and actions.

A real Christian, who believes with everything in him that Jesus died at the cross for our sins, do not hate anyone. They hate homosexuality, not the person. They see it as unnatural (oh, I know, a lot of you have opinions, everyone has heard them all already and you don't agree with that statement, please just don't even bother) but they hate homosexuality, not the person who has it. In fact they love them.

Same with people who sin in ways like stealing, drinking, murder, smoking, adultery, etc. They don't hate the person, they hate the sin the person is committing.

True Christians do not judge, do not hate and are kind (but not perfect, because no human being is). They strive for love, happiness, peace and understanding. They strive to bring God into their daily lives and in their hearts. True Christians would rather help and love then shun and hate.

• People can be hateful in general, doesn't matter what they believe in. I'm a Christian and I am certainly not hateful. By the way, Christianity isn't a religion.. it's a relationship with God.

• The religion can't be hateful because it's just a set of ideas and practices. People can be hateful, and justify that by interpreting religion in particular ways, but equally people can use the teachings of Christianity for good. People would do both regardless of religion

• Lol, why are lgbt hateful, why are femanzis hateful, why are muslims? Being homophobic, just cause your against it doesn't mean you fear gays. we live in a world full of hypocrites, who think their version of something is the best way of life. I mean we have people forcing the majority to act like transpeople are what they identify as. but they aren't so we are being forced to believe In a fairytale. When you look at it in a logical manner we are all hateful beings , not one of us isn't nit hateful to someone.

What Guys Said 8

• Think about how many Christians that there actually are in the world. When you have that many people, there's bound to be a small percentage of them that are just bat shit crazy, but, since there are so many of them, that small percentage is going to equal a very large number.

What you're complaining about is not exclusive to Christians. It's a problem with all religions. It also applies to many other things besides religion. There's also going to be people out there that twist and contort things to extreme levels.

You can't force anyone to change. You can only hope to influence them. Sadly though, that's a realization that few people every have in life.

• You should swap Christianity with religion in general. The vast majority of all religions are extremely hateful and bigoted. It's a simple fact. This is why I am atheist, I choose not to be a slave to a god that doesn't exist, based on a book written 1700 years ago by a group of men with the singular goal of controlling every single action a human would make.

• The bible was written in the first century from aramaic and Hebrew onto Latin. But a" book "is based on several scriptures from throughout the middleast and northern Africa. These " men" didn't need a book to control anyone they could have done what the Europeans where doing at that time and thousands of years before then invade and kill.

• Lol... I don't blame Christians for it or Jesus. it was just Europeans doing what they have done through out human history. invade, kill, rape and enslave.

• @somebodysaycheese on that I can agree with you.

• I'm a biblical Christian myself, and I don't consider Christians to be hateful. Bible-believing protestant Christians just have a "red pill" view of the world. All other religions and atheists have a "blue pill" view.
    Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and His Son, Jesus the Messiah, created this physical universe for us to live in and he has told us how he wants us to live. He forbids same-sex sexual activity as well as opposite-sex activity outside of marriage. That's why biblical Christians are against same-sex marriage, it's not hate, just following God's ordinance.

Satan tricks others into following false religions (including atheism) who reject Jesus as the Messiah. Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and gives us salvation free of charge if we'll only turn to Him. It's shocking how many people reject that free gift.

• Well first you must not judge all christians , they have good people and bad people like in every religion , im a muslim and i say that some muslims that i know tend to be very hateful and homophobic, but im not like that ;) even i have seen more bad atheists than bad christians

• I'm not Christian but you can say that about any religion, each religion has some people who have different views. I've never come across a Christian who was particularly hateful at all so maybe you came across a few people who were like that? I'm pretty sure most Christians are nice.

• all religions are hateful

• Just goes to show no religion or ideology will fix people.

• Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!