So, if the president went beserk and started stabbing people around the white house, What would the secret service do?

Like, hypothetically, what if president Geoff B. Fictional snapped, picked up a knife and started murderering randome people. The secret service is supposed to protect the president, so what would they do?

Updates:
Like if they are supposed to protect the president would that mean they try to kill anyone who fights back?

1|0
9|7

Most Helpful Girl

• They would restrain him and call his doctors and the Vice-President, who would assemble the cabinet and call a news conference within hours to reassure everyone that the President was being well cared for, and that the nation and government were in no real danger. Staff and secret service present at the stabbings would be honored at the news conference for their actions, and - critically - made available for questions by the press. It would be a relatively long event. The chair of the joint chiefs might be present as well, standing behind the Vice-President. The news conference would be necessary to calm financial markets, even if for no other reason.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope that they would restrain him. They may be assigned to protect the president, but it doesn't mean they are suppose to allow him to break the law like that. The secret service is still a part of law enforcement.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• They would probably jump on him and try to wrestle the gun away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Take him down, and restrain him until his berserk state finished.
    Presidency is an institution, with the president being the public face of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Put him in a straight jacket. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • um restrain him and take to the doc lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Shoot him

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably kill him and make it look like a suicide or that someone else killed him

0|1
    0|0
  • They'd probably shoot him.

0|1
    0|0
  • put him in a cell where he can't hurt any one

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• just guessing, they would subdue him and have the other members of chief of staff weigh in on what happened.

0|1
    0|0
  • This candidate is prepared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

0|1
    0|1
  • Most likely take him alive using non lethal weapons and gear, now if he was shooting people that would be a different story.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably hit him with a taser and cuff him so he can be empeached
    He is the presidant he gets special treatmen and we can't have a secret service agent kill the presidant imagine the pr nightmare
    ... i was just trying to sound cool like i was in a movie... But thats seriously what i think would happen

0|1
    0|0
    • Also he would be put in a super max prison
      Maybe even one they make specifically for him
      That or he would be under perminant house arrest with secret service on duty at all times

• Subdue him with non-lethal means? That's a very interesting question.

0|1
    0|0
  • Incapacitate him.

0|1
    0|0