What does this quote actually mean?

what does this quote actually mean ??

Most Helpful Girl

• It's harder to accept the loss of a person still alive. It's harder to walk away and not go back. Where as with death that option is no longer possible.

What Girls Said 16

• To grieve somebody who is still alive, but no longer in your life.

I grieve for my younger siblings, because although they are alive and well, I have been forced to all but cut them from my life. Same with my father. And once upon a time it was the same with my mother (we have since reconnected).

• It means that it's going to be way harder to grieve over someone who is still alive because you can make amends but something is stopping you, unlike with a dead person, you can't do anything about it as they are dead.

Example is let's say you have a best friend right? You two grew up together, did everything together and you planned your whole future with that best friend being there to see and witness everything, you with me? Then something happens between you two and you guys end your friendship. You're going to grieve him (be sad about him) way more than you would grieve about them way more than you would if he were dead, because he is alive and you two could make amends, as supposed to him them being dead and can't make up. and you could become best friends like before and keep living but because of what happened between you two, it's stopping you. So you're going to be grieving over your lost friendship terrible.

• It's hard to cut someone out of your life that you care about OR it's hard to accept that someone you care about doesn't want to be bothered with you

• I guess it means dealing with heart break. Knowing that the person you love is out there and within reach but you can't have him sucks

• There are more ways to lose someone than just for them to die. Sometimes people grow apart, and you mourn the relationship you used to have. Sometimes people turn out to be different from what you thought they would be, and you mourn for what could have been. Sometimes people just want to make you suffer because they're suffering, and you mourn for what will never be.

• Unrequited love?

• I'd say it's about a break up. But also could be a loved one suffering from dementia. You'd lose them in that the person they were is gone, but they'd still be alive.

• Letting someone go for what ever reason. maybe they're a negative impact on your life in some way and letting them go despite how hard it might be is what you need to do to strive for a better life.

• I think it's one of those quotes who have different meanings depending on who hears it. I think it's grieving a person who's become corrupt, thus you're grieving the good person you once knew, but is no longer?

• It means you have to get over someone who's always here to remind you of them. You have to run into them, see them moving on and etc

• I guess it's about grieving over a relationship that has ended. A lost person who is still alive is a person who lives but is lost only to you, a friend who has gotten distant from you, your ex, your childhood best friend and so on.

• I disagree by the way. It just means that you will part ways with people in your life (friends, family memebers, partners) because that's LIFE!

• Its hard to get over someone you lost touch with even though they are still living

• It basically symbolizes a relationship coming to an end. You are losing someone who hasn't died.

• It's about losing someone you love who has left your life, but hasn't died.

• It means even though someone died, they are still here with you.

What Guys Said 4

• Bull shit.

The person who is dead to you, but still alive, is someone who did you wrong. Its easy to move on from someone who did you wrong.

On the other hand, some who loves you, but dies, is impossible to just forget because they never did you wrong. No matter how hard you try you will always miss that person.

• When someone close to you ends up changing for the worst so that the person you once knew and cared for is gone.

• leaving someone behind and never looking back , a cheating wife or husband for example, leaving that husband and never going back to him he is no longer there to you even though he is still alive and exists but he hurt you so you now ignore his existence.

• It means a person can be alive medically, but dead in your heart and feelings. I've seen it happen to close relatives of mine and it is one of the saddest things.