Would you trust getting a check up from a Doctor who passed Med School with a bunch of C's?

Most Helpful Guy

• A check up?
    yes.
    a diagnosis or a complicated procedure?
    hell no.
    a prescription for a known condition, but where the medication could have nasty side effects?
    second opinion!

But, personally, because medicine is such a specialized field with so little room for error, I find that typical grade point of a 65% for passing to be horrifically low. I think the minimum grade required to pass any med school classes should be 85%. These people literally hold lives in their hands. Anyone who would bitch that that is too high a margin can either work harder, or just plain fuck off. I want a doctor who actually knows their shit, and medicine is far too important to allow the grossly incompetent, who passed, but only barely. My health is more important that the feelings of a med student who has trouble keeping their grades about the 70% mark. Become a plumber. Something where your skills are needed but your mistakes won't kill people.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes but it depends on the doctor. Just cuz someone got C's has nothing to do with how good of a doctor they are. They maybe just aren't good with paperwork but in practicality, they're better at really doing the job. It could be that they're just bored doing phoney things instead of real. I was that way in school too. I graduated with a 2.7 gpa but I'm way smarter that most in both IQ and most things we learn. I'd get low grades or not even turn in regular assignments cuz I hate paperwork but then I'd take the test with no studying, no taking notes and not doing some assignments and ace it. When teachers see that, they have a tendency to pass you anyway, even if going by actual assignment grades, I didn't. I was just bored and didn't do things that were not necessary for me cuz I already knew about some things and a have a moderately strong photographic memory and I'd just remember lectures and things I read. I hated school cuz it was too easy and many things didn't interest me so I just didn't do them. I had a mind of my own and was never a follower, I'd do my own thing and I knew when bullshit was being passed around by the teacher but I'd still give them what they wanted to hear.

• Another thing, when I owned my business, one thing that was almost an automatic will not hire was a person with a degree. It would depend on how proud they were of it. More often than not, people with degrees turn out to know nothing they claim to and they can be lazy. They just expect to have their feet kissed cuz they have a piece of paper with their name on it that says "look what I did." It never impressed me. I'd hire soft spoken, intelligent people. They were more honest, easier to teach (cuz they didn't already know everything), harder workers, and better leaders.

• I don't see why not. They have gone through the proper training, so they are qualified to be doctors. A lot of doctors actually fail many of their classes the first time around. Their classes aren't designed to be easy.

• I would not know what the doctor got for grades. What he got that I can see is a degree from the university and he passed his baords.

• Ever heard the statement ignorance is bliss.

• I don't know what's the grade average is for Med School , is it graded on a curve or what not but I'd say that is really not giving me confidence in the doc's ability lol

• Basing weather, not you trust your doctor on that is just ludicrous He's been trained and he's been educated that should be enough.

• About 60% of doctors don't know what they're talking about so have to google your symptoms to find out what's wrong with you.
    That's why their always ask for a urine sample.

• How do you know what their grades were?

• What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom of their class in med school?
    Doctor

• if he got hired he must know what he is doing

• yup i would

• Fact.
    Google only gets As.

• I'd pay him like someone who had a C in math :P

• A med student that finished last in their class is still called Dr.

• Sure. If they have experience. Lot of people do well in med school but completely just fall apart when they start residency. If he passed his boards then he was deemed suitable by the powers that be to practice medicine.

What Girls Said 8

• Well a doctor with C's probably knows more medical information then somebody who works at McDonalds possibly. But in the long run it's probably not good enough. I am sure if they are in med school there are grade requirements and I am sure if they are serious about becoming a doctor they will push themselves harder.

• You do realize it doesn't really* (*in some cases it does) matter what their grades are in med school. They still have their residency to learn and most importantly, cannot even be a doctor unless they passed their boards which updates every 5 years I believe. So every doctor knows what they need to know according to the Board of Health and whatever their name is lol, so I wouldn't be worried.

Personality wise and whether if med school made them into an emotionless zombie or not, that's what I'd be worried about.

• How would a patient know what grades you got in med school, op?

• Yes I would. It's not like one can tell what grades a doctor got in med school. Do you, op, ask for a doctor's med school report card before you get checked? I highly doubt it. I don't think any patient does. As long as the doctor is competent and graduated med school, he or she is qualified to treat patients that's that

• Lol.. I don't know if that graduate will even get a job.

• Grades don't define intelligence.
    They define how well you can take a test and regurgitate information.
    At least you graduated.

• If the his/her grades were that bad I don't think he would have made it through medical school & got a degree.

• Yeah, probably not