Have you ever been homeless?

I was for a period of 2 mos when i was 19, about 3000 miles away from my home. Not something i would do again, but it gave me perspective.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you had to experience that! :(

I've almost been homeless. I've been close to not having a place to go. Though I am always welcome at my parents house, it's hard to go back. And sometimes if you are working far away, it's not always possible to go back.

I actually moved in with a boyfriend because I had no where else to go. And I ended up having to put up with his abusive behaviour because I literally had no other options at the time. It was hard to deal with, and very stressful. I'm just thankful I am no longer in that position anymore. I am in a new place and much happier.

It definitely humbles you when you get to that point where you could be homeless or are in fact homeless. It's a scary thought to have to be on your own like that. It definitely gives you a new perspective on things.

Most Helpful Guy

• No I haven't but I've been really close to becoming homeless many, many times and I'm something I'm always prepared to do if I have to. If anything though being poor or financially in trouble gives gives you a taste of what the world is like and it gives your perspective and makes you more resourceful I mean a rich person or someone with money would never have to or ever think of using plastic bags as floss lol.

And anyone who wishes they were homeless needs to recant that, unless you can go without food on the table for a while and your comfortable outside in the elements and can go without the comforts of the world, you won't last long.

• It certainly isn't for the weak but its most often them that get placed in that position.
      It gives you tools to get by, and to also know what is waiting for you.

• Yeah and thank ya kindly.

What Girls Said 12

• no I wasn't but I plan on volunteering for teen homeless shetler and abuse. ): So I am excited! I want learn more about people or try my best to help!

• i haven't, sorry to hear.
    sometimes id rather be homeless than live here though. i need a secure job so i can move out and experience life on my own for a bit.

• Never... But.. What do you mean by "not something you would do again"? ... As if you purposely became homeless by choice? ... I thought homeless people ended up like that by unfortunate circumstances... Or I suppose there are those who are just lazy and refuse to work , so in a way I suppose there are people who are homeless by choice... 😕

• It means i would fight to not be in that position again. Some are homeless by choice, but i have no idea why you want to know about me and my experience.

• Haha Why not? It's not about being nosey... t'is simply nteresting to know the way others perceive life, the choices they make and why they made them... but nobody has to share what hey don't want to. 😁!! That's all.

• Square deal hun, i can see how its interesting. I can share it in private chat if you are truly interested

• Not really I mean I had to live at AirBnB places for quite a while before so I didn't have a "home" technically speaking but I always had a roof over my head.

• Yes, when I was really young with my mom and sister. It was for a month.

• No, I have not.

• Technically yes when I was 4-5 years old our house burnt to the ground so I guess you could say we were homeless.

• Nope I haven't, though that must be really difficult for anyone that is/has.

• I have been homeless for most of my life until a year ago

• Nope. Never.

• Not yet.

• I'm sorry you went through that.

Fortunately no, I've always had a home

What Guys Said 7

• no, luckily not

• Random s/o to my rich mom

• nope, and i hope not to be ever.

• No, thank god

• No thankfully I was never homeless

• Sorry to hear that. I haven't been homeless, yet.

• Yeh I was living in a tent for 2 and a half months once.
    Sofa surfed for 6 months as well at one point.