Girls talking about science etc?

I've realized that in casual conversation it seems to be mostly guys who want to discuss more intellectual things like science or history, and on those questions on here it seems to be mostly guys who answer.

Any girls out there who like to talk about these things, and has your experience been similar? Guys, what is your opinion of girls who enjoy talking about these subjects?

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it very pleasing if I am able to talk to her about intetlectual things and other such things that require more then a few sentences. With anyone really but especially a girl, now if they dont have the education to know about certain things like science or whatever subject then thats fine, id still enjoy talking to her, the geek in me will always enjoy complex conversations lol whether its about e=mc2 or einstines reletivity laws or other things, but i also enjoy talking about regular things too. Like for example if the mass of a single tree was converted into energy and was harnessed that itd produce enough energy to power the entire United states for 10 years? While if done the same for a grain of rice it could power a house hold for months

• Whoa if that's accurate (I need to check but makes sense), that's awesome. And yeah I don't expect everyone to know a ton about science but it seems a lot of people just aren't that interested in discussing it at length + they usually seem to be guys if they are interested.

• Yeah, science isn't my most favorite subject but i do like it, i think i have only two or three people i know in person that enjoys talking about the sciences and other things

• Thank you for the mho sweety

Most Helpful Girl

• I really like talking about Science or History. Though I am weak at physics and advanced math I opt to talk about computers, statistics, biology and chemistry. won't restrict the conversations only to Science or History but also Philosophy, Spirituality, Religions, a little bit commerce and business (very shallow knowledge), Communication science or linguistics, Politics, etc. Computers, specially software area is something I could go on and on. :D

What Guys Said 9

• well i love it. talking about physics and stuff and everything lol. i then cross over into star trekky territory and things that won't exist in our time.

• Haha I know you do (and lol @ star trekky territory, I need to see the new movie!) and I am not being sexist but I really have realized that I tend to have science-y conversations much more often with guys than girls. Have you noticed that?

• you more than other girls yeah i've noticed

by the way you gotta watch the new Star Trek movie coming out! Beyond!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD8H6o1awQ

• Yeah I've noticed that too. Guys would talk more about Science and tech stuff. I noticed that in science, girls are more interested in biology or psychology... I'm more into Physicss and engineering, I find it way more interesting and fascinanting.

About the tech stuff, guys are more into PC, gaming, gadgets, coding etc yeah. Girls are more into gadgets, particuarly phones..

That's just my generalized observation.. What I think about girls who are into these subjects? really nothing.

• Intelligence in a girl is very sexy. It's been said that our brains are our biggest sex organs.

• Man I love when my wife goes that direction with me. I wish more women were interested in it, then my field of work would not be so laden with men..

• I love it, that's my kind of girl.

• Girls generally aren't interested in anything academic. More into pop culture and emotions. there's the exceptions obviously but thats the general rule of thumb

• It seems to be that way and that makes me kind of sad - and how do you and most guys view girls who are interested in academic things?

• In your experience anyway.

• Its good to meet a girl with a brain. The opposite is horrible. A blank look and talking to yourself all night. I couldnt go with a doll with no brain or chat. Id be bored after an hour

• I don't "discuss" it per se. I seek out and exchange info to find an answer to a question.

It doesn't seem gender related. Lots of guys know just as little as girls but they talk way more. Fucking windbags.

• Tech girls are hot!

• Cool thanks and have you noticed it seems to be guys who are more interested in discussing science etc?

• Yeah. Pretty much. it certainly fits the stereotype doesn't it?

• Yeah which is disappointing because no offense to guys but I would love to find women to discuss these things with but they (in general) seem less interested in that type of discussion.

• That is so true. Its usually guys but I like girls who actually talk about these things

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah I like talking about that shit. Particularly astronomy and philosophical concepts.