Have you ever felt so lonely, even if you are surrounded by people?

I feel so lonely lately. It's like I can't trust anybody. It's the worst feeling ever. I'm going out with my friends, going to work and talking with my parents every day but still feel so alone. Like nobody care about me. Like I'm all alone and can't depend on anybody but myself. I can't share my feelings and problems with anybody and have to deal with everything on my own and I'm getting so tired.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey annbelle, yeah I've felt just like that, everything you've just said, though I don't feel like that at the moment. I'm sorry you're right in the middle of all that at the moment and I feel care for you, I want you to be ok and get through it. For one thing, I'm glad you've expressed your feelings so clearly, as that's a step in the right direction. Don't forget that when you feel that way, it's not necessarily because it's true, it might just be a feeling brought on by something. Have you had a difficult experience that might have caused a shock to the system? Also, if you're often feeling like that, then it risks developing into an illness called depression (or maybe it's actually depression that caused this feeling in the first place), so I think you should talk it over with a doctor.

It's rubbish feeling lonely and disconnected from people. Try opening up to someone else, you can do that by gently telling them just one of those feelings/problems that you'd like to be able to share with someone, and I think you'll get a good response and feel better afterwards. It could be a close relative, or a stranger (choose an unthreatening one, like an old lady on the bus), or anything in between - whatever makes most sense to you.

You could also write a letter to someone you know, maybe someone you're angry with or who has let you down - but without ever sending it.

What Guys Said 6

• Life can get you done and trusting people is hard especially if they have let you down have tried talking to someone?

• Yep happens with me sometimes
    So I know what it feels like
    It's because something is missing in your life

• Ummm, I think that's called depression, you should seek counseling before it gets worse.

• No, because I'm a loner and I like being alone.

• i never feel loneliness, but i feel alone around others

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah. Sometimes I feel like I can't really be myself around people, not even family and close friends. It seems like I've created this image that I show to the outside world but that's not the real me. So I totally get what you mean

• yes. ☹️