So are men really better drivers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some are some aren't...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Uhm.

It’s a great generalisation that men can be more competitive and aggressive and therefore more inclined to drive at faster speeds and to display more risky driving behaviour but there is probably some truth in it.

I don't know but culture also plays a part; men are the target of aggressive advertising campaigns that push them towards more powerful, high performance cars, which encourage faster driving.

Women are more likely to have children in the car on journeys such as the school run and this naturally makes any driver more cautious and protective.

• Sexism at its finest

• Considering the majority of drunk drivers who cause accidents are male, I think not.

• but the majority of pro drivers are men. what you mean to say is yes men are better driver but they are also reckless in life.

• @dudeman What I meant was, no, men are not better drivers. Don't tell me what I meant to say, what I said is what I meant.

• yes. im a horrible driver. lol i get very distracted.

• If we consider men are more confident than women, I'd go with a yes

• agree with this... men deffo take more risks generally

• But a woman who hesitates in a car will be a lot more dangerous than a confident one

• Nahhhhhh

• Lmao no

• Hehhe nahh not really but there are really good drifter or in racing carsss!!!😍😍😍

• Women are definitely more careful drivers. We get into fewer accidents and NEVER get speeding tickets.

• If men are better drivers then why do men in general pay higher auto insurance premiums? Younger men in particular.

• "Researchers at Johns Hopkins University found that female drivers were involved in slightly more crashes then men, but the difference was not all that great -- 5.1 crashes per million miles driven for men, compared to 5.7 crashes for women. "

Women are less likely to have an accident because they drive less on average. Hence lower premiums but their rate per mile is higher. The situation is complicated by many factors such as type of vehicle generally driven, likely places to drive age of the driver & etc. The safest thing to say is there is not a whole lot of difference.

• Guys pay more for insurance because guys spend more time driving than women. Generally when a family or a couple go somewhere it's the guy driving nearly every time.

• @ihatethiswebsite All good points & mostly true to. If you noticed I never said women were better drivers I only pointed out the discrepancy of insurance.

• Whenever I notice someone fuck up, it's a woman 90% of the time. So even though I don't want to, I have to say women are worse drivers.

• Who told you that? Because its a straight up lie in my experience.

• YES!!!

• It's pretty much true, I agree.

• Ever seen a Pakistani older aunti driving, in action?

🎶There she goes, like a shooting star🎶

• I think in general yes it true

• Hmm nope

What Guys Said 16

• I can only speak for myself. I'm naturally a superb driver, from a very young age. My father and uncle were championship (local - State Champs) stock car drivers and my father was a stunt pilot, so it may be in the genes.

• depends how you define better

• Ask the insurance agents. Then compare your insurance rate against a woman's insurance rate.

It really depends on what you call "better". More skilled? Drive more safely? Guys take more risks. Guys have higher insurance rates (or used to anyway) Whether or not they are more skilled is unknown. But they do a lot of stupid shit and get in wrecks.

On the other hand guys might simply drive more which will increase the risk.

On the other other hand, cars are designed more for men. Smaller women and smaller men have a more difficult time finding cars that fit them properly. Someone short has a hard time even seeing properly. Plus the pedals and steering wheel are in the wrong place. Not all cars, but it does limit their selection by quite a bit.

OK, I didn't answer the question. So my answer is that I don't know.

• I'm an awful driver lol

• Reminds me one time, when I was with an ex girlfriend, and we were in a car park (parking lot), she was trying to line up the car, with about 5 different maneuvers. And then I said, here, turn the steering wheel to the left a little, and it's done. I gave her a wry smile ;)

• The insurance industry claims that women are safer drivers. But I'm not sure if that's an argument for them being better drivers. Because all that means is they are less likely to risks driving when it comes to us males. However the sex that I peeped the horn at is usually female because they are busy doing something else instead of paying attention to the damn road!!! So to conclude males are better drivers 😜

• Supposedly women are more clumsy drivers and get into more fender benders or parking lot accidents.

Guys are more agressive drivers and are more likely to end up with their car totaled or wrapped around a tree.

• You decide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkFFjAeO2xI

A SMART CAR, CMON!

• I think it's a wash.. I know statistically women get in more accidents, especially with the advent of cell phones. men get in fewer accidents but have a higher percentage of fatal accidents. Where the accidents women get in to are minor finder benders and scrapes.

• men have better depth vision than women, so they can measure distance better which is necessary for driving. women have more broad vision so they see more than men with the sides of their eyes, the can see traffic from the left and right coming better, both have its advantages.

• I don't know, I drive like an asshole to be completely honest with you. I speed, I weave in and out, I turn without slowing down. Lol

• From experience yes

• Not always but in general

• Maybe but i am surely an exception lol

• Apparently male drivers have more accidents due to overconfidence than female drivers, and female drivers have more accidents due to poor skill than male drivers.

So men are better drivers, but not as good as they think they are.

• Curioser and curioser

abcnews.go.com/.../story?id=13841063

Don't know what to make of it but more research might yield some interesting insights.