Should the African American community in Los Angeles pay reparations to the Koreans?

They killed and looted their stores, should the African American community be forced to pay them back?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• This is STUPID AF.
    WHY WOULD A WHOLE GROUP PAY FOR THE ACTIONS OF SOME?
    Only the ones who were there, and looted the stores should repay them. POINT.

It's exactly like the Dumb asses who ask the WHOLE ALMOST 2 BILLION MUSLIMS in the world to apologize for Isis's actions.

• Using that logic, why should I, as a white man, apologize for slavery and segregation?

• @VicarioVivere I agree with you, everyone is accountable for Their behavior, not other people's behavior. You don't have to apologize for slavery.

• And the same as the black community that demands that white people that had no hand in slavery pay them reparations... i think that's what he's trying to point out...

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly this whole paying reparations bullshit needs to stop, whites aren't going to pay blacks, blacks aren't gonna pay Koreans, Spanish aren't going to pay the descendants of the Aztecs and so on and so forth, because if we really went down this path the entire world would be paying for each others mistakes from 1, 50, 10, 1000 whatever years ago. And it'll never end, because lets be honest here, every race, every culture is responsible for butchering or being racist or treating someone else's badly.

What Girls Said 8

• No only the one who did the damage should pay.

• Why would just the African-American community pay for all that damage? You sound dumb.

• Well they demand whites pay for slavery

• You're not very bright

• And you are? Ripping off historical bandaids over and over again = invalid argument

• This happens a lot. It doesn't make sense to single this situation out.

• Only the group of African Americans that actually did the crime and the ones that promoted it.

• They should be prosecuted.

• I voted No✌️

• The ones who did it should. Absolutely.

• Actually white people did that
    Read history

• Except that they *didn't*. I was living in the community with a lady from there at the time. I saw it.

What Guys Said 9

• Sure , just as soon as the US pays reparations to the Native Americans and Black Americans, etc. The list is virtually endless, and such an initiative would cause the American Bar Association into collective orgasmic spasms. It must be prevented.

• Well technically we do already pay the native Americans reparations, I've got a few native American friends that get checks in the mail I think like once a month or once a year something like that, from the goverment for life because of what we did to them.

• If that's the case, everybody in the pool!

• Lol *jumps in*

• I don't think anyone should pay reparations unless reparations are payed to everyone that had something bad in their race's history which is everyone. This reparations thing started cuz some African Americans think they should be payed for their ancestors being slaves of white people's ancestors. The question is, if that is fair, shouldn't African Americans pay the descendents of white people who had their families wounded or killed to free the slaves? There was approximately 600,000 soldiers wounded or killed fighting for the north. Most Americans probably are related to more than one of them. This would be endless. Reparations are fucking stupid. The ones responsible should pay and them alone.

• You're assuming that the looters were exclusively African American when they weren't.

The answer is no.

• The looters of various shops along Florence and Normandie Avenues, perhaps, but those attacking Koreatown? It was sadly Black vs. Korean. I was with the Koreans at the time, because I married one.

• those Asian supermarkets got some good shit

• Those who killed and /or looted, certainly.
    I don't see why the others should be punished.

• I think the Romans need to pay back the Etruscans first...

Then we need to give the Earth back to the woolly mammoths...

Those poor woolly mammoths...

• Didn't any of these shop owners have insurance?

• Their insurance was their weaponry. They were on their rooftops, firing their guns at would-be attackers.

• Only those who were responsible.

When was this?

• I was bewildered because I didn't read about any recent riots in LA... only in Baltimore. And boy, you can sure hold a grudge - from 1992 ! ;)

And only those who committed crimes should have been judged over - and I hope that was the case in those riots