Do you think human beings will ever stop killing each other over meaningless stuff?

we kill each other over religion, over belonging, territory, when will we understand that we are all only given so much time and that it shouldn't be wanted shitting each other. but to expierence and do whatever makes you happy untill you die.

Most Helpful Girl

• Those things aren't meaningless to those people. If you cared about something that much, you could be persuaded to kill as well. Often, it's not for ourselves, but for those we love that we commit such terrible acts. A belief that they are making the world better for those around them is enough of an excuse to throw their own lives away on some fools errand.

What Girls Said 7

• We've been doing it since we were first human, so, probably not.

However, hopefully we'll be peaceful is glass houses and asymmetrical clothes and in flying cars soon. And we'll kill each other a little less.

• What about killing someone over a pair of tennis shoes? Or over a post on Facebook someone didn't like. Now that is petty.

• Nope. Because we all have beliefs we feel strongly about and some apparently are worth killing for. It's just part of the human race unfortunately.

• No never ever, people are innately bad and good, for a lot of people it's much easier to be bad

• Nope we will always kill each other for petty things.

• Humans are cruel and selfish so, no

• No I don't.

What Guys Said 18

• No, it will never happen. Humans are fallen and are bent toward evil. We all do things we shouldn't and for some, that means up to and including killing each other. I think there has to be something wrong with a person that kills over hardly anything. Self/family defense or combat is different but there will always be murders.

• Fallen, yeah. Bent toward evil? Nah. The VAST majority of people are fundamentally good people, who coexist peacefully and are willing to help each other out in times of genuine need.

I mean, even where I grew up -- a neighborhood that was literally nationally renowned for being a 'hoody 'hood of gang violence, back then -- I'd still say solidly 90 percent of people were good, decent, upstanding human beings.

It really is the few bad ones that give all the others a bad name.

• I doubt it. We've come a long way I think but there are still countries/people that simply don't care. Unfortunately I think that will always be the case because there will always be these people. It goes from generation to generation, never changing.

• A 2 year old girl in Detroit was hit by a stray bullet. Her father spilled some guy's Kool-Aid and the guy pulled a gun and let off a few shots. The girl is in critical condition. This must end. We need the police to continue to fight crime and most importantly, citizens must arm themselves and stand up to these thugs.

• We aren't supposed to live in harmony. We're supposed to live by the survival of the fittest mantra. The worlds fucked because we are ignoring nature and its boundaries. Kids get singled out for being fat or wearing the wrong clothes in school ffs. Why do people think adults on a global scale will act differently? Theyre just bigger versions of the pupils and the worlds a bigger version of the playground.

• Meaningless? I can tell you grew up in the west. Fighting over control of resources is anything but meaningless.
    Let's put it this way, you and one other person are stranded on an island. A ship will come to the island in one month, but there only enough food and drinking water for one of you to survive the month. Is fighting over resources still meaningless?

• IKR? I like the irony of the fact that this was posted by someone with the username "live free or die hard", too. Lol

• 0|0
  • Nope probably not.

• no, animals kill eachother all the time. we are animals too. death is a part of life.

• No. I fear man with continue these mistakes until the end of the world...

• sadly, no, and this will go on.

• No, because people fucking suck. That's why I don't like people very much and prefer to be alone.

• No..

• No because humans don't know when to stop

• what is petty?
    cause religion and territory isn't a petty thing

• Yes we do kill over meaningless things. People kill rapists and paedophiles.

• Those aren't meaningless. Those things are what matter more than anything. They determine our culture, our survival, and our comfort in life. In order for us to stop killing we would have to reach a point that those things finally were meaningless. Such as having so much wealth that everyone could have anything they want. Which technology currently can't do.

We could also only having a single religion and culture so there is no room for disagreement. Those aren't ideas that would be popular under our current culture, that values independence and free thinking.

• I doubt we will ever stop killing each other (assuming a large interacting population exists). Although meaningless? It probably means something to someone. Curing boredom might be the world's most important thing to some nutcase out there.