Have you ever intentionally hurt someone emotionally before?

You just really wanted to hurt them in that way?

• Yes i have
  • No i have not

Most Helpful Girl

• No... that is just fucked up.

We all get angry and we all have our issues, and if someone hurts us, clearly they were hurting first to hurt someone else. Remember, the hurt hurts other people. I don't want others to hurt me, less intentionally, so I do not do it to them. Does that mean I have never been hurt? No... Does that mean I have never hurt someone? No..

But it definitely does mean that I have never intentionally wanted to hurt another person, and I hope no one has ever intentionally ever tried to hurt me either. I guess like attracts like... And if you want people to do good to you, you must do good to them first as well.

And for those who don't do you well.. you stay away and find better people. That's just how it goes. We all make mistakes, but to intentionally make them shows what kind of person you really are... And every time you feel such anger towards someone else that you INTENTIONALLY want to hurt them, maybe you should take a moment to pause, REFLECT and take a GOOD LOOK at yourself and wonder how it is that you have reached such a low point in your life to wish someone bad, why is it that you are so angry that you want to spitefully inflict pain on another human being and why not work and focus on your inner anger and feelings instead of taking it out on someone else.

If someone did you wrong and you want to get back at them, it shows you are just like them. Walk away and NEVER let that person or give power to that person to ever hurt you again - either through their own actions or hurt you by YOU ALLOWING YOURSELF to hurt and hurt others.. That's the same manipulation but in different order... Why give someone such power over you?

I would never want to allow someone to make me hate and feel such negative, destructive feelings to want to do such pain to someone else... But I guess being a good human being takes self reflection and effort to want to be better than someone else, including those who've done you wrong. Maybe by showing and being the better person, that same person who did you wrong could learn as well... That an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind!

Most Helpful Guy

• I told my "best friends" sister that she was being a complete whore in a much worse way than you probably think of. More or less it was that she was sending out a bunch of nude pictures of herself to "friends". Tried to give off the idea that her sister uses her body to manipulate people. Her mom got so pissed off about this she woke her up by choking her the morning after I did this.

ANYWAY a few years later...7 months ago. I found out the "lie" that was supposed to be a lie, completely made up... turned out to be true. I have zero regret about doing it anymore. So now I just use it to make myself a better person which I fail at.

What Girls Said 16

• Yeah, this one girl used to pick on me because I was so shy and passive. Did nothing about it.
    Made her cry in public one day, and she never bothered me again.

• no. my mother used to do that to me all the time. she was very good at triangulation, manipulation, and gaslighting. Because of this, I try my best to be kind to people. However, I have offended people by being blunt and that's not something i intend to change.

• Nope, I haven't. I would never want to do that.

• Yes maybe? Yeah probably when i was younger during a fight, but it is always defensive.

• I know the pain of emotional torture and I hate it, but if you're cruel to me, I will make you cry.

On the other hand, if you've only been kinda annoying, I've got a mother like anon83. Emotionally pain is inflicted on the worst of the worst

• Yes many times. When I'm in an argument wit someone, I tend to pick words that I know will hurt them. I don't mean them, but they're said in anger

• No. But I had lots of people hurting me intentionally, and some of them still do it.

• Yep, to people who are being annoying.

• when i was a child maybe..

• I'm not proud but yeah I do that sometimes when I'm too angry at someone.

• yes I have but I am not proud of it

• Sadly I have, many times :( but I am a totally different person today :)

• Yes I have

• Not, yet.

• I shit on people before breakfast 😈

• I have never intentionally tried to hurt someone emotionally, simply because I have hurt people emotionally before unintentionally and I felt aweful

What Guys Said 6

• I am not 'Religious' in the traditional sense, and I don't believe in the Christian concept of 'sin', but to me, Intentionally hurting someone is as close to what I can imagine as a real 'Sin' without a religious foundation.
    No, I NEVER, intentionally hurt someone, or let them be hurt, if I could do anything to stop it.

• There was a real big bully at my school,
    I had him figured out and after him harrassing me for a while I made him cry

• I only did if they deserved it.

• Hell yea! And I'd do it again!

• I never tried to emotionally hurt people. I just can't.

• Nah I don't really like doing that