Do guys in Chicago really shoot you for no reason?

I'm moving there this summer. I'm kind of excited because my favorite rappers are from there (Young Pappy 🙏, LA Capone 🙏, Chief Keef, Fredo Santana, etc...) And the guys there are fine AF (don't judge me). But like, I don't wanna die.

Most Helpful Guy

• Asker, I moved from a town in another country where there's barely any murders, and I've been here for almost 3 years. I know there's shootings, but that's just in the bad areas. Don't go to those areas, especially if you're white.
    Stay away and you'll end up loving Chicago, like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fredo Santana is so damn sexy. On God 😍👅

What Guys Said 13

• Even in the worst crime areas the odds of getting shot are extremely small. If you take common sense precautions like stay away from obviously bad areas, don't get drunk at rough bars and give people crap, don't deal drugs, don't have a SO who is a drunk abuser - then the odds of getting killed are pretty darn close to zero.

• Just do the same stuff you'd do anywhere else, stay away from gang territory, don't go out of your way to start something with anyone, don't get involved in a gang etc you know common sense and you should be fine. I used to live in a neighborhood similar to the hood when I was growing up, you just have to be aware of your surroundings, watch your back, and don't be alone after dark and of course stay away from the gangs and their territory, just common sense really.

• I chilled with Pappy, one time. RIP to him. Niggas here dont really fuck with you, unless you're involved with a gang or some shit. They don't usually aim for women or kids, sadly some are caught in crossfire tho.

• You met him? Lucky. He was my boyfriend in my head. lol.

• It's more dangerous than iraq.

• Are you serious? 😮

• @Omar5881 A couple years ago, they had a higher murder rate than deaths in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm not sure what it is now but it's probably even worse since Iraq and Afghanistan have been slowly getting safer. Chicago also has one of the highest firearm murder rates and the 2nd strictest gun control laws of any city in the U. S.

• Your chances of getting shot intentionally by anybody in Chicago are low unless you're a member of a gang or some other such organized crime thing.

• Bullets r expensive

• There is an extremely small chance of that. It happens, but it is usually gang related idiocy.

• id be more scared to live where 50 cent or Eminem grew up they lived in the REAL shit holes

• Vast majority of shootings are gang related. Don't join a gang. Try to steer clear of the south side

• Which neighborhood are you moving to?
    Unless you're gang banging & selling dope on another hoods street corner then you have nothing to worry about. It's safe to go into those neighborhoods to buy drugs during the day.
    You watch too much new, they don't tell the truth about who's killing whom.

• I venture it's pretty much all big cities in the USA.

I travelled to the USA for the first time last summer, to Memphis, and from what I was told from hotel employees and locals, it almost seemed like you needed body armour.

• East Coast is worst than west coast at this point forsure. When I was going through the police academy I was going on ride alongs with LASD every week. Compton station and Century station. Wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says.

• even police in america shoot u for no reason

What Girls Said 8

• lmaoooo NO!!! I live in Chicago they don't attack random people. If so we wouldn't get so many tourist each season kid. I find it funny you are basing this off of entertainer's and 1920's mobster's... You'll be fine don't worry if not move back. My Bosnian bff could walk around butt naked and know one would touch her-_- don't believe the hype, yeah every city has it's trouble's, but you should not stress you love. Chicago os pretty fun, yet boring to me now. I've been here too long.

• Are the guys there nice? Because I really want a boyfriend. lol

• Haha. I'm 15. The only place I can go to meet guys is school and the park xD

• 15? what lol? Ummm school and park's are full of youngsters you will be fine, but keep ur head in the books most importantly and don't worry too much on these little snot head boy's. by the way I doubt ur parents move u to a city like Chicago if they deemed it too unsafe.

• Stay in the good areas and you'll be fine, just like any big city.
    Of course, there's crazy people anywhere. But Michgian avenue area is safe. South of the loop (farther than the colleges like Columbia, DePaul, etc), not so much.
    (Chicago native here)

• I've heard @aledeeurope shoots at least five people a day.

• lmao doubt it

• Music is good there. I wanna go to Uni of Chicago

• Its mostly gang warfare

• Practice common sense and you'll be fine.

• I went to Chicago once, with @SnowHearth, and a mutual guy friend; and we never were shot.