If there wasn't the popular Hollywood movie 'The Bucket List', would we still make a bucket list?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm still not making one.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, most people probably haven't heard of that movie.

• This movie didn't introduce the concept, it was already a thing before this movie.

• This was done for years before the movie...

• Lol, I've never made a bucket list.

• I have honestly never watched that movie and yet I have a bucket list nevertheless 💁🏻

• Is that the movie about the girl with cancer and the guy who falls in love with her? Never seen it. I want a bucket list, and I've made one, because I've seen lives wasted or cut short and I want to do something interesting with my life

• Bucket lists existed way before this movie

• I actually never heard of that movie.

• I think you would just call it something different. Like "100 things I want to do in my lifetime" which was a homework assignment that I had before that film was released.

• Are you serious? Or are you trolling

• Never heard of it but I'm 95% sure there would still be bucket lists around.

• Yup, people have been making 'bucket lists' for decades

What Guys Said 9

• The movie (and almost any actually) was made cause the 'bucket list' existed :) <3

• the idea had been around long before the movie. they just made a movie about it

• I had one, some 35 years before that movie was made.

• Yes because the film was based off of the idea already.

• It's because that movie ever existed that I avoid doing such a thing

• man i just love this movie soo much, this movie was awesome as hell

• popular? lol that movie's not popular

• No,

the movie invented the "bucket lists" that millions, if not billions, of people around the world are writing down. No one in the history of the mankind had ever heard thought of writing down things they wanted to do before they kicked the bucket; and yes the movie invented the term "bucket list". Much like Apple invented "split screen mode" and more magical things

• Bucket lists existed before 2007, obviously.