Laptop worries... My laptop like shut down a few times yesterday all of a sudden?

It's the first time that it happened, like it just shut down out of nowhere and I wouldn't be able to restart it instantly. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?

I'm also pointing out that the bottom of my laptop feels kinda warm to really warm.. But I think it has been like that for some time, so I haven't given it so much thought up until now.

I got it on the cable

Many thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds like an overheating issue. How old is it? When was the last time you had the vents cleaned?

• I found something new. I don't think it's the heating.
      It crashed everytime that I'd play a specific game (but after a while, not instantly). I think that's the cause, even if the laptop's warm

• Thank you for the mho and yes I think thats it. When its on a flat surface it can cool down better.

• I use a fan now!

What Girls Said 3

• That just sounds like it overheated and needed to cool down.

• How old is it?

• It's likely overheating. You need to get it to a shop to maybe be cleaned, but at the very least back up all your data. And getting one of these can help: www.ebay.co.uk/.../391181450527

What Guys Said 5

• Laptops, like any computer, need cooling. If you hold it on your lap or on a cloth, etc, the air cannot get in to certain areas, plus you hold the heat it. But a device for cooling. It is just a tray with vents and a fan that it sits on and helps to cool it. Real cheap.

• sounds like its heating up too nmuch

• thermal paste wearing out

• throw your macbook and buy something better

• Anybody know how to get scratches out of touchscreen.