Why Do Women Try Remove The Dad From The Picture All Together?

I have been seeing this in the news a lot lately. Here's the scenario:

-Woman will date a f*ckboy and deep down she knows the guy is a loser, but she dates him anyway
-Woman will have the f*ckboy's child
-Woman realizes that the f*ckboy is no good and they split
-Woman is now a single mom raising a kid
-The dad is still in the picture and sees the kid from time to time, but the woman will take the dad to court and try to get full custody of the kid and remove the dad from the picture all together.

Why do women do this?

Updates:
This has happened to my friend when he was a kid. However... his parents were both hardworking stiffs and had good jobs, but they weren't right for each other and always fought. Out of spite, she tried to get full custody of him (my friend) and tried to remove the dad from the picture.

0|0
10|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some women tend to see children as possessions rather than individual beings. It came out of their body, and therefore it belongs to them. Then, if the father actually does want to be in the picture, the woman can use the kid as a way to get back at the father by withholding them.

To be fair, men might act the same way, except for the incredible bias towards mothers in custody rights.

The fact is, children do better with both parents, even if one parent isn't perfect. They are not objects but individuals with thoughts and feelings, and no one should ever use their kid as a way to punish the other parent.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Woman realizes that the f*ckboy is no good and they split
    2. The dad is still in the picture
    C. the woman will take the dad to court and try to get full custody of the kid and remove the dad from the picture all together (because) the f*ckboy is no good.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Because if she decides to split because he's a fuckboy she recognizes that he is not good parent material and would rather find someone serious who can raise her child with her. Also if dad is a fuckboy, mom wouldn't want kids to be exposed to a bad role model.

0|0
    0|0
  • They either think it's the best thing for the child, if he is abusive, for example, or they are being selfish or it is a combination of the two sometimes women aren't honest with themselves about their reasons for excluding a Father from their child's lives

0|0
    0|0
  • What kind of news are you seeing that uses the word fuckboy?

1|0
    0|0
  • You answered your own question. "Woman realizes that the f*ckboy is no good "
    Why would a mother want someone who is no good to be in the child's life?

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm pretty sure it's because she's a shallow b*tch who was really more interested in that child support money, and because she doesn't want to be exposed for the jerk she is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they don't believe he's a good influence. Not everyone is a natural parent.

0|0
    0|0
  • They made a mistake

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the mother has the child's best interests in mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I see this scenario, generally drugs are involved.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• What do you expect of a woman that has a kid with a fuckboy? XD
    These kind of people have everything but brains, don't expect much from them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be out of spite or hate

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the advantage of leaving the fuckboy in the picture?

0|0
    0|0
    • The guy is still in the kids life. And... the kid should not be penalized just because the mom made a dumb*ss decision to date a loser.

• And how does having a loser in your life help you (as a kid). I mean knowing which dealer has the best smack is nice, but how useful is it?

• Why are you assuming the woman is some saint?

0|0
    0|0