Do people sweat when swimming?

I mean not just floating out n bout in a pool of water.. Like intense fast swim with your arms n legs flapping like a fish

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehm.

Yes, but less so than when on land.

The function of sweating is to cool the body down. Being immersed in water reduces the need for sweating, but during intense activity (most notably, swimming), people still do sweat.

^.^

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you do sweat. I swim quite a lot and if you've ever swam 2-2.5 miles without pausing in between, you will realize that once you are done, you feel very thirsty. That is because you've been losing quite a lot of water while swimming. Sweating is also one of the major reasons why they put chlorine in swimming pools.

What Girls Said 9

• Definitely.

You can't really see tears in the rain, but sometimes they are there.

• Yup... obviously. It's just nice not to feel the sweat.

• I'm a swimmer, and I would assume so. We don't feel it, but we lose water an electrolytes so I'd say we do.

• Yes, you do. It feels kinda cool actually, and I mean that literally. You can feel yourself being cooled off.

• I don't think I ever have.

• Yes they do

• Yes, but the water removes the sweat

• I do but it doesn't show because I swim at the bottom so my tummy is touching the floor

• I'm sure they must, but the water probably cools them down more lol

What Guys Said 9

• Sweating is due to heating so I would say no, if your in cool or cold water the body would not sweat (to any noticible degree) simply because it wouldn't serve any purpose its already at maximum heat loss.

• I think probably not. Sweating is part of the body's temperature mechanism. I think in swimming pool water, there would be no real need for it to kick in.

Just my thoughts. I may be totally wrong.

• Might be the Sun lol

• Not really, I can never notice if I do when I go swimming the cooling of the water kind of eliminates that need, I'm not much of a sweater though, I never have had sweat patches.

• I think so
    You're using your body, the pools a big mess, even if you can't see it xD

• Yeah, it's not water in there!

• Of course.

• Yes.

• ofcourse