Just where is the best city in the world?

Most Helpful Girl

• Chicago cuz I'm here lmaooooo

Most Helpful Guy

• I've only been in 3 cities I would consider very big and I hate them all. I'm not a city person. I'd have to say my favorite city is the one in the middle of nowhere with a population of 1 human and 2 dogs, me and my 2 dogs up in the mountains with not another person for miles. That's my favorite city. My town has 12,000 people and it's too big for me.

What Girls Said 14

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 19

• I think that depends very much on what you actually want to do in that city. I'll give you an example:
    I come from Switzerland. I live close to Zurich, a city that has been elected numerous times during the last 5-10 years as having the highest life quality in the whole world, by different magazines and blogs but also by the UN annual world happiness report. Living here is awesome and maybe apart from places like Norway or New Zealand, I don't think I could ever find anything that can keep up with it. Zurich is a relatively big city but with the charm of the countryside. Contrary to other big cities in the world, there's lots of green and the air is very fresh. We have a beautiful, very clean lake and also a river where people like to go swimming in on hot summer days. The city feels very peaceful and calm but at the same time, it's also very lively and multicultural. One thing I particularly love about this city is that contrary to so many other cities, especially in North America, it's not made for cars (aka machines), it's made for the people. Side walks are well maintained everywhere, bike lanes are normal and public transport is excellent. Going to work by bike or foot actually feels fun, not stressful. Another thing I love is the fact that our neighborhoods are mixed really well and we don't have any ghettos. Instead of having black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods like in other cities, Zurich (and other Swiss cities) doesn't really have that. Crime stats are extremely low and so my girlfriend often walks home in the middle of the night without me or her being worried in any way. Working too, is pretty nice I'd say compared to other cities in the world. Unemployment is very low, wages are high, working over-hours not really accepted, most people have 5-6 weeks of paid holidays a year (4 weeks are legally required), things like maternity leave are self-understanding.
    However, I've heard from many foreigners that they weren't particularly impressed with the city when they came to visit it as tourists. They like the clean air and how every bus and train ran on the second but they also thought it was boring because there's not too much to do (which is true). There's no Eiffel tower, no huge shopping mall, no Disney Land, no Renaissance castle to visit. Night life is also rather limited or hard to find for tourists. So it's a city whose charm you only realize once you settle down. For living it's amazing, for tourists not so special.

• London, it's overpriced, everyone is over-worked and under-paid, the indigenous people are in the minority! It's a great modern city!

• San Diego is the best

• Many people think NYC is the best city in the world and in some aspects, they're right. Being a native New Yorker however, I feel that it can be a bit overrated at times.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about moving to Vancouver, BC, because it's so beautiful and it's such a contrast from my city.

Wherever I go, I'll always be a New Yorker though!

• Its right here in Miami FL

• Somewhere in the Himalayas...

www.losthorizon.org/book/LostHorizonBook.jpg

• 1) Melbourne
    2) Auckland
    3) Geneva

• Arizona baha

• Dubai for sure except the weather

• Ahhh i wanna visit Dubai

• @ConsultantIsBack god it has EVERYTHING , even freaking thing , but me as egyptian say it's a hot country lol , go with shorts and tanks and WEAR NOTHING besides them or wear the traditional arab clothes never knew how much it is useful 😂

• Charlotte, North Carolina or Nashville, Tennessee

• Seattle

• Detroit, MI.

• Los Santos

• Chicago, Illinois

• Yeah, everyone let's post our hometowns...

• Amsterdam of course

• Houston!

• its in Europe.

• PARIS !!