Is a 17 year old gap too much?

I am 20 (my age on here is incorrect) and this guy I like is 37.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• does he run young or old? some people age differently. arey ou more mature for your age?

My niece is 14yrs younger than hubby. They married for quite a long time but are splitting up due to his behavior being bad... moody negative.

In general, I think it can work out. You may get into issues such as, if his libido drops off in 50's+ and yours is peaking?

Just make sure he isn't "using" you... I'm assuming you expect a LTR.

• It just depends on the two involved. If you're both happy, who cares. My gramma was 16 years younger than my grandpa and they were fine. When they got married, she was 21 and he 37.

• No age is just a number.
    As long as you're both happy that's all that matters in life, it's your private life and has sod all to do with anyone else.

• There are people your age dating other people who are 60+ so no, I don't think that is 'too much'. As long as you like the person and you are both adults go for it.

• It is for mine

• Yep. Too much when you're so young. Sorry.

• life is short, as long as you are happy everything is ok to do !

What Girls Said 13

• when i was your age, i was dating a guy 14 years older than me.

age is just a number, to a point. but, in my case, the guy started treating ours as a parent-child relationship; by this, i mean he would order me around and generally behave as though i were a child: do this, do that, be home by x, take your phone with you... ad nauseum.

but the funny part is, i often felt like the older one because he did nothing but drink and play world of warcraft; like living with a moody teenager, i often had to walk on eggshells and keep my concerns to myself.

if you are mentally/emotionally on the same page, then fine. if not, then proceed with caution.

• If you have to ask, it's too much.

Ask the admins to fix your age here http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• You're an adult, so the age gap doesn't really matter. You are both over 18. I think the gap is fine. My parents are about 20 years apart, so I see nothing wrong with a 17 year difference.

• Eh, it's a little far fetched, but whatever floats your boat. You're an adult now so it's not as big a deal.

• if you guys are happy together... go for it

• My friend's aunt and uncle are 30 something years apart. While I think that's mildly disturbing, they're actually very happy together so it's cool I guess.

• Mmm yeah I personally wouldn't go that far, 10 years max

• yessssss thats a very large gap. lo

• Here's the way I think about it: if you have to ask, it's too much.

• That's a bit much

• Yeah

• Do you like him? Does he like you? Then no.

People are always going to critisize your relationship no matter what.."too old"/"wrong race"/"too many kids", etc, etc, etc. Just be happy.

• My age on here is inccorect too. I'm actually 15 and i like a guy that is 27 years old. I'm thinking of telling him how i feel. Hopefully it goes well :) no age gap is too much. I don't believe in those. Love is love and no one can stop you from dating the guy trust me