Trump supporters, how do you feel about Trump's claims of bailing the country out of debt, when he's gone bankrupt 4 times?

I figure this is a pretty big part of the allure behind Trump. He's a successful businessman, no? So he knows how to dig us out of this very deep pit that we've dug for ourselves with the national debt. Supposedly. Except how he's done so in the past is by filing for bankruptcy--4 times. What is he going to do? File for bankruptcy from China?

Now. I'm going to try to approach this political and touchy situation with grace and understanding (not my strong suits), so please bear with me. I truly want to understand, rather than just attack; and I will try very hard not to get heated and aggressive, and I would ask you to please attempt the same. Blocking is always encouraged.

So I guess ultimately a big part of the question is: what makes you support Trump?

Most Helpful Girl

• Did a memo come out from the DNC on the latest attack to use on trump. i think this is the 3 post i have read on here in about an hour.

How many successful businesses has he started and ran? How many people does he currently employ.

he's not my favorite but by far he is the best option. Bernie is going to spend the country out of debt and Hillary well it won't matter becasue she will sell out to the highest bribe.

• I don't know. Could you tell me? How many successful businesses has he started and ran? Because he got most of the retail and housing stuff from his father who had already established an empire. I totally agree with you on Hillary.

• So you admit to only knowing half the story. say he 100 businesses and 4 failed thats a pretty good record.

I know he got money from his dad but wasn't aware of getting and retail or houseing stuff.

Thanks for giving a fair response not a rant.

• Sure. I'm tryin'. Honestly, this was just an impulsive question. I'm uninformed, too lazy, and disinterested in Trump to really go digging to find the needle truth through the haystack of the internet. Maybe I will at some point.

Most Helpful Guy

• Having gone into bankruptcy and continued to invest in business is a sign that he's a good businessman, not a bad one. Most businesses fail within a few years. Learning from those mistakes and actually trying again is the mark of a good businessman. There are practically no businessman who do not fail dramatically at some point in their careers. The bad ones quit. That is how the market preserves market-minded individuals: they don't quit, because they know they have something to sell.

I'm not exactly a fan of Trump's moral character, and I doubt the effectiveness (and ethics) of his proposed Mexico and Muslim policies. Yet the economy is the supreme issue, and his opponents are people who have made such economically ignorant statements as saying in effect, "A raise in the minimum wage will help build the middle class and feed the poor." Trump may be a bad choice, but I don't think he's the worst.

• What effect would a raise in minimum wage have?

• It's too lengthy to explain in 1000 characters, so here: voicesofliberty.com/.../

A point I don't elaborate on in that article: minimum wage laws disproportionately increase unemployment in the young, unskilled workers they are supposed to help. This is because no law can make workers more productive or more valuable. A burger flipper is not suddenly worth $15 to McDonald's just because of a law; he will either not being employed at that rate, or he will be employed at the expense of others who are fired, or the company will charge more to offset the balance (screwing everybody else over), or the company will downsize or go out of business.

Ironically, unions favor minimum wage laws not because it increases their wages (it doesn't; almost no union members make minimum wage), but because it puts younger, less skill workers out of business. That way, they face less competition.

• The generally accepted notion by economists, is they have no earthly clue what effect a raise in minimum wage would have.

What Girls Said 3

• Hold the fuck up... PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUPPORT TRUMP?

• A lot of people, apparently. Otherwise, he wouldn't be the GOP nominee. Of course, I'm of a mind to suspect he more or less just used money to buy votes (muchlikeHilaryandthesuperdelgates). Everyone knows it's all about money, anyway.

• You're not taking into account the amount of success he's had either. People fail, that's how life goes. Nobody is perfect. But he has figured the economy out and knows how to be successful.

• He hasn't specified anything about how he is gonna fix the economy. Bernie has, he has a actual website in detail about how he is going to do it and is actually anti-establishment.

Trump hasn't done anything other than made promises. I doubt Trump really is anti-establishment, he is part of the 1%. He won't tax himself more, that makes no sense. Trump and Hillary keep getting all the publicity on mainstream media while they pretend Bernie doesn't exist. If you vote Hillary or Trump, you are voting for a bought politician in my opinion.

• @GracefulCharm they aren't going to fight China. There isn't going to be a war or anything. They just want a few changes which is fine.

• Read his policies on US-China's
      Trump would remove all the progress Obama made in his term.
      Trump's policies are more focused on US foreign relations.
      He would most likely turn the nation into a Fiscal-military state.
      Trump is a neo-cons wet dream. They would love to see America return to it's WWII state.

• Bullshit. That's what I think

What Guys Said 10

• First of all, the country is too far gone to stop its downfall eventually. Secondly, 90% of businesses go bankrupt within two years. It's a difficult thing to go through (I know personally) but you learn far more from mistakes than successes. I'd trust Trump far more on anything over Hilldebeast Cunton. She's never been in the real world, she's a career politician even though she's been elected to only one office, she's been a liar since she was conceived, Trump would make a better president regardless of whether you agree with his ideas or not. I think the part of Hildebeast Cunton that was supposed to be her conscience and empathy for another human being ran down her mother's ass and ended up staining her mattress.

• trump could murder someone and he'd still keep many of his supporters, so i feel that asking them how they feel about his bankruptcies seems like a futile venture to me

• The country can't pay back its debt regardless of who is in office.

• Lol we all know Republicans trolling by supporting a guy like Trump, they just trolling

• When the American people stop waiting for someone to save them things might change. Until then it is smoke and mirrors.

• What would be your proposal for Americans do do instead of waiting for someone to save them?

• Haha. Well, I'd be glad to talk your ear off about what I think it is, but I'll try to keep it concise. I think the driving factor is that society revolves around money instead of betterment and progression. So stuff like education falls to the wasteside, because it's seen as an expense rather than an investment. Of course, maybe it's something else. I don't really know, though I'm always happy to blame everything on capitalism. I'd really have to see what all was happening as the quality of education fell to have a better idea.

• I'm leaning personally towards it being a matter of industrial behavior. We have always trained ( say 1950 ) specifically for industrial advances but with Japan and other nations having absolute / competitive advantage in production ( more absolute really ) the industrial direction has shifted to specialized work. The United States is still one of the best places in the world to train for highly skilled labor with top schools that many leave even developed countries to go to.

The focus simply got too intense so the education stopped being well rounded. Philosophy used to be mandatory in school. Latin too. Diversity was key. Now it's STEM from age 3 to 23.

• your success as a business man is not whether or not you went bankrupt or not. but if you are able to regain what is lost.

• I don't live in the USA and don't care about who's in office; but who's better to finally declare the USA bankrupt than Trump ;) ;)

• Trump's US bankruptcy plan shows just how astronomically stupid he is cuz his dumb plan would destroy the whole world economy. And that his idiot followers think this is a good idea reflects just how stupid and ignorant they are.

www.cnbc.com/.../donald-trump-on-us-debt.html
    www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-treasury-haircut-idea-insane-2016-5

• Being a successful businessman of the type exemplified by Trump (a dealer and marketer rather than a maker or innovator) requires an understanding of business fundamentals and psychology as well as the skills of a magician or huckster. Sadly that is actually a much better skill set than most politicians have for the job of chief executive. I find Trump pretty repulsive and I'm unsure what his real motivations are, how can you ever be sure with a guy like that, but objectively his skills are better than Mrs Clinton's.

• Idc about that.. He said he's gonna do it and I know he'll do it. He's successful

• Sure, but why is he successful? He was born with a golden spoon.