What is your favorite book?

Im running out of books at my library. Anybody have any suggestions for really good books?

Most Helpful Guy

• Influential ones or educational? What's your passion? realtionships?

• i like suspense drama and of course romance haha im really open to anything though

• when rabbit howels looks so good!! i just looked it up and found the pdf online haha that will def be my next read. thanks for the detailed answer!

• thank you for the mho:)

Most Helpful Girl

• naked by david sedaris, it's funny and u'll learn a lot

What Guys Said 23

• top 5:
    the great gatsby
    the catcher in the rye
    all quiet on the western front
    100 years of solitude
    the kite runner

• if like Paranormal books there is one by Hanz Holtzer i think you would love if you can find it. explaining ghosts though anything by him is really good.

he is famous for the amity vile case back in 1978 i think maybe 77 but in any case he is an interesting guy and his books are really good.

• Believe it or not my favorite book is a halo book based off the video game called Fall of Reach, probably not your cup of tea but even if you have never played the games its still a great epic si-fi military
    Other books i love, the hobbit, jurassic park, pirate latitudes, song of ice and fire, and the entire jack reach series as a whole, seriously i have yet to pick up a jack reacher book and not love it, I've read about 10 or 11 or the 20 or so books

Also if you dont already have one you should make a goodreads account, that website is the bomb
    You can record books, make a wish list, write & read reviews, follow your favorite authors and get updates on them and their works, and they will give you recommendations
    Its great i definitely recomend making a goodreads account
    Sorry for my long ass answer... i love books :)

• I love The Count of Monte Cristo.

• I don't have a specific book, but I love reading about world or US history. Like wars and things like that.

• 1984 by George Orwell
    Read it here: http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

Written in 1948, after the official start of the Cold War

• I've read it!! good read. thanks for the suggestion though!

• right i was curious how you liked it in comparison to 1984. maybe it was just all the hype of 1984 but i was let down by it. i felt brave new world was better.

• @madhatters4 Just read that chilling last lineof 1984:
      "---The face of Big Brother loomed large over the announcement and Winston felt his eyes fill with tears of joy and reconciliation. The last lesson had been learnt. 'He loved Big Brother.'---"

• One of my favorites is the Book of Five Rings.

• It's a tie between Mark Lawrence's The Prince of Thorns series
    www.goodreads.com/.../9579634-prince-of-thorns

and Orison Scotts Mither Mages Series
    www.goodreads.com/book/show/9265891-the-lost-gate

• Pillars of the earth by ken follett.

My favorite book of all time- nothings comes even remotely close for me.

• Although I also enjoy almost anything by Wilbur Smith.

My distant second, third, forth, etc favorite are all by him.

• Add it to your bucket list... READ PILLARS OF THE EARTH.

The books a masterpiece and has something for everyone. I'll even quit GAG if you come back here and tell me it was shit. I'm that certain you'll enjoy it- 816 pages in one go, you just wait and see.

@06CuriousMind

• hahhahah okay will do. thanks!

• 1|0
    • i also love reading goosebumps because they are good books xD i know they are meant for kids but damn are they good books to me xD

• who the fuck goes to the library?

• lol not you apparently

• Are you kidding, free books and free movies that aren't on netflix or amazon

• @Waffles731 putlocker
      @Miezko this is in the context of a 22 year old girl. As for the library thing, I can get a book online without buying it, too. I've read loads of books without paying for them. Search "x free online" and you can find the entire thing within the 1st 3 pages of the search engine (hopefully with Google). And did, everyone is trying to make money. Authors are trying to make money. That's a strawman argument. You make money by giving a good product unless it's so bad it's good, which rarely happens. The force awakens was ok. I'm not a star wars fan to begin with though. Even the 1st 3, beyond the concepts weren't that good. But you can give that movie and I can give you the godfather 1 & 2. If you actually think production costs are to high to get a good roi in the movie industry with a list actors, your absolutely delusional 😂. Take Lego movie. Easily 1 of my to 10 movies all time, had a budget of $60m and grossed $470m and a profit of around $230m

• Have you read anything written by Rainbow Rowell? What type of genres do you like? Also are you on goodreads, you'll find tons of suggestions there.

• i haven't... i like suspense drama and of course romance haha

• Well, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell is a romance, but it's young adult. I don't read to much suspense so I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a lose. Um, Trouble and All the Bright Places are both romance and suspense, but again young adult.

• How about reading some nonfiction? Reading about things like health science is very useful and practical :)

• Definitely Harry Potter. I read all of them 3-4 times.

• I read this really great book last year called The Robe. The movie is awesome too.

• My favorite one , romance of the three kingdoms (novel) , never get bored of it.
    it is about the fall of han dynasty because of corrupted government

• Do you read science fiction?

• not really... whats your suggestion though?

• I know a romance might like. It's a historical romance set in 400 ad Rome. its also a mystery story. It's written by a woman who has degrees in history.

Iron Pigs

• awesome thanks!!

• If you dont have anything against occasional erotica (normal books with occasional sex scenes) I have around 5000 pages of very, very good content to share...

• White Cargo by Stuart Woods
    The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni

• Ship of theseus is an awesome book.

• Dean Koontz: Watchers
    Lots of real life crime stuff too!

Great question!!

• That kind of depends on the genre I think?

• My two wives and me enjoy the book of Mormon.

What Girls Said 14

• ANY... Danielle Steele Books, @06CuriousMind.
    She has Many Great books that Cook. Everyone of them is as Exciting as the Last.
    Good luck. xx

• My all time favorite book series is Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. It's good if you like fantasy.

• I've read so many books. I don't really have a favorite. James Patterson and Jasinda Wilder are 2 of my favorite authors.

• The Harry Potter series! In case you haven't read those yet
    And the Percy Jackson series too. And the Heroes of Olympus series as well.
    I haven't yet read The Hunger Games, but I'm sure it's a good read.
    And the Divergent series.
    I'm only suggesting series here, sorry!
    If you wanna read non-series books, I'd try John Green's books.

• okay awesome. i should read the divergent series! but I've already seen all the movies and i hate reading the books after, id much rather read the before

• I know what you mean, even I used to feel that way about reading books on which movies were based, after watching the movies.
      But then that changed. Once you read the books, you'll find that the movies really sucked. I'm not saying the movies were baaaad or anything, they were fine. Except the Percy Jackson movies. Ugh.
      I'd really suggest you read HP and PJ. I swear, you'll love it.

• Unwind by Neal Shusterman

• Gone with the wind

• All time favourite book has gotta be Homer's Iliad.

• I really like a thousand splendid suns by khaled hosseini, amazing book!

• Divergent :)

• Sorun sende değil bende pucca

• I just finished reading eligible. I recommend it, it's a fun summer read.

• Watership down

• In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez

• I'm just now getting around to reading "Gone Girl."

• huh i couldnt even get through the movie... haha did you like the movie?

• Yes, I would recommend giving it another shot if you're ever in the mood for it. :)