Why do people judge a Musician's personality only by their music?

Why do people judge them on their personality what musicians do you think get judged by that a lot

Most Helpful Girl

• People don't bother to watch their interviews

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because it's the side of them, people get to see the most.
    I wouldn't mind being judged on my music, though.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• ... because that's the most direct expression of their feelings? I mean... it's not my responsibility to look them up and learn about them on a deeper level. If she sings about booty and money all the time, I will without question assume that booty (her own) and money is all she cares about. Simple.

• While it's true that a person's thoughts and feelings are revealed in their music to some extend, it's not an accurate method for gauging what kind of person they are.

Alice in Chains, for example, were known for having fairly dark lyrics, but are actually reall funny, chill guys in real life.

• I judge them if they're a cunt.

• Can you elaborate?
    I didn't get what you're trying to say 😶

• Like Marilyn Manson people think he's a bad guy on his music but in interviews he's actually a very likable many and very intelligent

• Nope not really
      For example: Justin Bieber's music is always super hit but people still hate him as a person cause of his behaviour and personality so I kind of don't agree with you

• I've heard he was a good guy before he turned mean and he's actually a pretty cool guy now when I seen him in interviews but their are others musicians who get badly judged on their personality others than Marilyn Manson

• Duh because their thought translate to their work.