How do I stop my iPad from constantly refreshing pages?

I can't tell you how many my takes I have lost because it does this all the time. It's so annoying help me make it stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• My android phone does this. all the time. It's getting to the point now it's temperamental about me. using the keyboard

• My android rarely does this. My iPad would refresh the page if I so much as get a url from a tab that's already open.

• I use Google Chrome as my internet browser on mine so it does refresh itself when closed. Sometimes when I try to add pics to my mytakes it refreshes due to low memory which pisses me off because I usually have to rewrite the whole paragraph all over again.

• Thanks again

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my god, yes! It's so annoying when it does that OR when it kicks you out of your tab and back to the homescreen.

Have you checked your storage? My ipad does this more often when I have less space.

What Guys Said 13

• Get chrome and start writing your takes in a notepad or something else.. Ginny..
    Then copy and paste the stuff.. Here

• The ipad doesn't have that much memory. I think the RAM is like 1 Gb. So the browser needs to refresh itself often when it is running out of memory so that it can keep delivering you the data.

• That's probably right. Of course I wouldn't have this problem, if I could delete apps I don't use but are preinstalled.

• If you are referring to how when you go back to a webpage after some time and it automatically refreshes it - you can't. This is a 'feature' of the newer versions of iOS and it's extremely irritating.

If you're writing something long and detailed, I recommend doing it in the Mail app or the Notes App and then copy-pasting it into GaG.

• Lol which genius at Apple thought of constant refresh... Why not use a computer instead?

• I don't have a computer all I have is this iPad. And it's the latest model!

• Better than me, the only Apple product I owned is an iPod Classic that died over a year ago. :-P

• Here's the sad part I'm a computer technician you. Give me any problem with the computer and I can help you solve it in minutes. But it's an iPad. It's an Apple I really can't help you and I wish I could I very much wish I could.

• Well thank you but the problem I believe, is storage of course I wouldn't have this problem if it let me delete preinstalled apps I don't use.

• Why don't you save it in notes? What are you using? Chrome or safari?

• It's safari, sometimes it refreshes it when I switch tabs and then switch back right away and sometimes it won't refresh for a few minutes

• Get chrome. Its better in every way possible

• Write the take in a note taking app instead of here, or just stop leaving the app you're in. iPads don't tend to have much RAM.

• write your takes in notes first.

• Have you tried turning it off and back on again or calling apple customer support

• No. It has done this since the beginning of time.

• Huh, then definitly try apple support.
      Me, I just don't use apple products,
      You pay a shitload more money for a product that is generally processing power wise and such technologically inferior because of a brand name

• You go to settings and realize iPads are a piece of shit.

• The worst part is that it's the latest model. It pisses me off.

• Sometimes they build in features no one wants. It's a. m. interfacing problem with GaG though not really the design. It's really the best way.

• Maybe look up how to refresh pages, gotta look up the cause instead of the solution sometimes

• Try using another app like chrome or firefox

• My pc does the same. It is due to all these shitty Adverts on here

What Girls Said 2

• Do you have a virus on your iPad?

• No, it's done this ever since I got it.

• Virusses on ipads are highly unlikely. In the modern times virusses are well coded and won't cause this type of behavior. No need to fear here. If your computer is acting up it is probably not a virus. If you suddenly see ads everywhere then its possibly not a virus but something you agreed to install by accident. If your virus scanner is suddenly broken you might have a virus. If your emails suddenly get blocked everywhere its probably a virus. The other symptoms of virusses are hard to spot so i can't post them here.

• Ugh! This drives me nuts as well. We need a solution!