Anyone here do martial arts?

If so which ones you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not an expert, but among the ones I've practiced are Bafaquan, Baguazhang, Bōjutsu, Choy Li Fut Kung Fu, Chun Kuk Do, Combat pistol shooting, Drunken Monkey Kung Fu, Iaido, Iaijutsu/Battōjutsu, Jeet Kune Do, Jittejutsu, Jōdō, Jūkendō, Kendo, Kenjutsu, Krav Maga, Kyūdō, Liuhebafa Chuan, Naginatajutsu, Nguni stick-fighting, Nindokai, Ninjutsu/ninpō, Pankration, Ryū-te, Sambo, Sanshou/Sanda, Shorinji Kempo, Shurikenjutsu, Spear (Spontaneous Protection Enabling Accelerated Response), Systema, T'ai chi ch'uan, Tongbeiquan, Varma kalai, Wing Chun, Xingyiquan, Yiquan... I've been practicing from a young age, it's one of the reasons I was homeschooled. I've also received training in other combat techicniques, and in survival skills, still not an expert.

I was never taught the names of the techinques, just how to perform them.

• You are in the military , which branch? If I may

• I don't feel that way, I try to control my feelings, emotions, mood changes...

• Oh ok. You seem like your kind of stoic and thick skinned, in a good way of course. I guess cause it's part of your lifestyle to be that way

Most Helpful Guy

• I use to wrestle competitively for PAL freestyle/folkstyle/greco roman. PAL also cross trained us in Judo as part of our wrestling training. PAL had a boxing program as well, I had some rudimentary boxing training, but never got deep into the program because I was really into wrestling at the time... When I was a little kid I studied Karate for a few years. When I was in my late teens early twenties I trained Wing Chun Kung Fu as well. I'm not studying anything right now...

• Oh you did all kinds of wrestling, that's nice. Between folk, free and greco which one you like best? Have you also did catch wrestling? Also how was wing chun? I've heard a lot about it but don't know anyone who does it.

• My favorite was freestyle. I've never seen tournaments were "catch wrestling" was a thing. From what I understand about it, it is wrestling with judo submission holds incorporated. With the rise of MMA I'd guess it may be more popular now at those sorts of tournaments, but it's not something I competed in when I was growing up. I was trained various chokes, joint locks, escape and fall techniques through Judo cross training (which was no gi before no gi was popular) but that sort of thing is illegal in wrestling tournaments. As far as Wing Chun is concerned, it's useful for getting close to someone that is from a traditional martial art. The low kicks are good for taking out the supporting leg of your average joe that studied kick boxing or taekwondo growing up and the upper body blocking is good for dealing with your average boxer. At heart I'm a grappler, but it's nice to be able to stop kicks and punches before you grab the bastard.

What Girls Said 13

What Guys Said 18

• I did for a few years. Russian martial art called "Sambo". Still remember and used it in school a few times.

• I learned close combat (the dirty kind one should only use as last resort) Of course, I stopped practicing, used it only a few times to solve real situations.

• A mix of shaolin kung fu and tai chi. You?

• Boxing, wrestling, bjj and muay thai. I see you do the traditional kinds of arts. Have you heard of hapkido?

• Hapkido, related somewhat to judo, as in focused on locks and throws, right? I only know a little bit about it, but I do know it's out there. I've done karate and jiu jutsu before, when I was very young. As well and kick-boxing, for a little while. But that's all a very long time ago, could as well be in another life. ^.^

I love practicing in groups who all enjoy the same martial arts, it's like a second family
      experiencing the growth in everyone feels great.

• I've done karate when I was a kid. Then a little bit of capoeira and boxing a few years ago.

Now I'm learning Krav Maga. It's very interesting and probably the most effective martial art for self-defense. ;)

• No Gi BJJ for 6 years, muay thai for 2 and krav maga for one.

• Mainly MMA: a few lessons of systema and some taekwondo mixed in.

• Yes I do Capoeira, But I've been taking a break cause of an injury :(

• Wrestling in HS. We had something called MCMAP in the Marine Corps. Had a lot of fun with both

• Wrestling is the shit bro. I've heard about MCMAP too, I think they have few schools for MCMAP but I don't think they teach it like they actually do in the military.

• Not sure didn't even know MCMAP existed outside of the Marine Corps lol. It stand for Marine Corps Martial Arts Program.

• Actually your right, I think it's only specific to the marine crops. I know they have few schools for Sambo though but they're probably watered down versions.

• I learned some stuff from my uncle. He was in the Marine Corps.

• Inb4 98% of gag say yes, only martial they ever did was trying to break out of wedgie in school OP

• I used to in the military

• what branch boyo?

• ah.. gotcha I was assuming you were American like me

• @Fearless_banana nope I am Egyptian, my father was in America for a year tho something in soldier exchange thing lol

• tai boxing
    judo
    brazilian jui jitsu
    submissionwrestiling
    and did karate :)

• I am a boxer. Just regular boxing. No take downs, no kicks. None of it.

• I learned kickboxing don't know if that counts

• Box for 2 years, i quit the club 6 months ago.

• I studied an Okinawan art called Goju-Shorei. And studied and taught iaijutsu for a number a yearss.

• I do Tang Soo Do. I am looking at Judo.

• Nope. Nothing.