How long should a person wait until to move in with their SO, in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think people should give themselves a set rule here. Instead, it's like with everything else in a relationship: when it feels right, it is right. This can happen after 3 months or 10 years. None of these options is better or worse. Some couples can live together immediately and it works great, others need or want to wait much longer.
    I've always felt like the big test whether you fit together with your boyfriend/girlfriend is to go on a vacation for at least 2 weeks. Contrary to other times, during this vacation you really get to know your partner, including all his/her bad habits. You are together 24/7 and you have to perhaps deal with some stress. This is a great opportunity to find out how you can fight together. Can you fight well with each other (this includes making up soon after) or does it result in a huge, endless drama that lasts for the rest of the vacation? Is your partner able to communicate well or does he/she just swallow it up if they're angry at you?
    If you're still happy and in love after such a vacation and everything has gone well, chances are you will also do well once you move in together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Years. Most research says it takes 2 years to actually get to know someone. Why tie your lives together before at least a year. Then when you move in together you spend the time hiding habits you don't want the other to know about. Not to mention the first year living together is generally the hardest. If you plan to get married more research says 1 or both of you expect living together to change after you've said "I do". Nothing is going to change you're already living together.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't think there is any set period of time for that. It all depends on the particular situation, the strength of the relationship, and how mature the two people are. But sometimes events just happen and two people find themselves under the same roof and it either works or it doesn't.

• Obviously it'd be a little bizzarre to move in after only a few months of dating.

But then again, i think it should depend on how you two feel about eachother and whether or not you have a plan - rather than the amount of time you've been together.

• It depends on the situation. I worked with a guy who moved in with his girlfriend after a few weeks cuz she was living with her crazy ex. Now they've had 2 kids and been married for almost 20 years. It just depends

• Easy, it's called "marriage".

• Three and a half to four years.

• A year or so

• At least about a year.

• I waited 7 months..

• after marriage.

• Every situation is different. There's no uniform rule.

• I guess when both partners are ready to take the next step. I would personally wait at least one yeat before taking any such step.

• After marriage.

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm I don't think there's a time, because you're always learning about each other, even when you think you know everything. However if i were to put a time on it, Id say after a year go for it, but still a year is still fresh, so maybe closer to 2-3.

• For me it's marriage tbh I don't want to live with someone before I'm married to them, it makes it less special in my opinion :x

• At least after a year and a half of their relationship.

• I don't know if I'd want to move in with my S/O until marriage or very close to marriage.

• Thats hard because there are a few things to take into consideration. How long have they been dating, how long have they known each other things like that. Id say a year. If they knew each other before dating maybe even sooner. Depends how comfortable they are with each other.

• I think they should date at least a year. In a year, a couple will go through a lot. By that point, you've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. You'll have a much better idea of moving on is something that will work

• I would say a year

• 2 years or so

• A year or more.

• It depends on the relationship and how mature the couple is. If say to wait at least a year, but I'd even encourage longer. However, some people can handle it.

• I have never lived with a boyfriend but if I did it would be when we are married.

• If there's any number, I say at least one year of being together.

• A year, at least.

• Until they are married.
    Unless they're moving in with the SO's family also and sleeping in separate bedrooms, then maybe a year.