Has anyone let you down lately?

You can vent all you want

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had the biggest professional dry spell than I ever have in years.

I'm in the middle of IT jobs right now, and I had this solid gig lined up, it was IN the bag, all I had to do was say yes.

Then I get a call from this hot shot law firm, they say they wanted to interview me for a prominent IT position.

I actually decided to DROP the first gig so I can take a chance with this law firm, I BLEW away the interview, like, CRUSHED it, hell, I even GRADUATED from a Web Development course that THEY held in their OWN building. I answered all of their questions, even went the extra mile on how to improve some of their systems and software, hell, I even studied their history from the ground up and I knew every single award they won. I'm a no-brainer shoo in for this job,

Then I get a call a week later and they say they're looking for someone "with a closer fit."

WHAT THE FUCK?

So now you're telling me I lost this FIRST job, and despite blowing away this interview, I didn't get the job?

Jesus Christ.

Sorry, I really had to get that out. I've been through interview after interview and I'm just frustrated so I needed to let out some steam.

• Sorry to hear that man. You should learn how to run your own passive side income gigs instead. There's a million ways to do so online, and you're an IT guy, so it should be child's play for you.

• I'm so sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out great for you 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah almost all my friends let me down, abandoned me, some made promises that they couldnt keep. which is why I have trust issues and block my feelings, cause I just dont care anymore - everyone you meet will always disappoint you one way or another.

What Guys Said 21

• I am going through a phase of not letting anyone get close enough to let me down. The only person who lets me down regularly is myself mostly due to my very insular nature and almost impossible high standards that I set for myself. I am too busy giving myself a hard time to notice anyone else letting me down.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...dedb290141.jpg

• My girlfriend knows I abhor people in general, she's decided she wants a massive party with loads of people for her birthday, the exacerbating factor is it's like this trip away so it's not just a night, it's a long weekend with no escape from her horrible friends she thinks are awesome. I wouldn't do that to her if she felt the way I do, I don't give a shit about birthdays really.

• It's rare for someone to not let me down, but I've come to learn how to live with it. It's my goal to guide these people, that they may, in the future, be more.. able.

• Actually had a genuinely pleasant conversation with a friend earlier who said she was glad that she knew me. I felt something in my stomach after that, and for once it wasn't repulsion. It was a strange feeling, but I wouldn't mind feeling it again.

• Yes, Matt Harvey from the Mets. He's supposed to be our ace pitcher, but he's sucked so far :(

• Hmm Not in the past month.

• No I don't.

• my lawyer. i just fired him

• My girlfriend let me down today, and about 4 weeks ago in the same situation. I asked her out to the movies, and she told me she'd love to go. Turns out, the days we were supposed to go, she is away from her phone literally the entire day, and doesn't respond until the next day and acts like nothing happened. Can someone tell me why girls do this? I understand that she was busy, but she could have at least told me... right?

• OMG YES, the DNC has let me down. The Democratic Party is no longer Democratic.

• i dont rely on people that often. I can't think of anytime recently that i was disapointed or let down by someone else. Im a want it done right do it yourself type of guy.

• Yeaaaaaa. People in general let you down... But the one who is always there for you is God.

• to many people I lost count

• I'm sure you won't let me down..

• They put me down, not let me down lol

• No, I don't have anything significant going on or people close to me right now :( to let me down.

• Myself 0. o

• That I can think of right now nah

• Just you. I commented on one of your posts earlier and you never responded or gave me a thumbs up. You broke my heart.

• Yes, my employer. They are refusing to promote me.

• I've let myself down😩

What Girls Said 26

• There's set of boys that I thought were okay deep down, but I've found out they're really horrible, horrible people who like to go around telling people they don't agree with to die. I'm so disappointed in them as human beings but I'm also disappointment in myself that my judgement was so off.

• One I'm willing to mention publicly is Paul Krugman, a liberal columnist from the New York Times, who for some bizarre reason I can't understand is absolutely infuriated by Bernie Sanders - the one presidential candidate we've had in recent decades who most effectively espouses the ideas Krugman himself has always fought for.

• Yeah of course, my ex, because I loved him but he didn't apply his one quote"When you like someone, you need to have hope" when he first broke up with me because of distance and wanted me back, he ended up breaking up again (well I kinda pushed him to do it) for the same reason. I gave it another shot, but it's done.

• My life has been series of let downs from people that I expected better from. But that's what happens when you have expectations.

• Yes, it happens a lot while in a LDR. His schedule literally exhausts him and most nights Im up late waiting to video chat or text him but he never does.
    It makes me sad, but I understand it comes with his job. I just wish we were in a better situation.

• Not yet. Just myself in the workout department!

• 1 or 2. But im moving forward with my life.
    Id rather not vent. Especially here.

• I been let down on and off my whole life in different situations. Yes it hurts sometimes you cry and don't know how to let go. But eventually you move on not fully but it's part of life. Remember it won't rain forever the Sun has to come out soon. What doesn't break YOU makes you stronger.

• EVERYONE -_- who hasn't lol

• Instead of venting, can I just get a hug? <3

• You let me down with this question. I expect more from you. :)

• of course... it happens all the time. i try not to dwell on it though. im not going to lie though i was dating someone last fall and im still not over him. but i like to believe everything happens for a reason

• no, i don't make high expectations. i make low ones so that they're always fulfilled

• My ex but I'm learning to move on.

• to many to count including myself

• No, but I have let down some people.

• People have lived up to my expectations of being assholes. I can't say I expected anything less.

• nahhh its better to just set your expectations low

• Yeah I let myself down more than anyone ever could

• Yes. A person I trusted turned out not to be the person I thought they were. I feel sad about it because I liked who I thought they were 😞😢

• yes, my ex... 1,5 yr ago
    latest... this guy i met and went out 2xs with and was interested in getting to know but he seemed to have kind of retracted himself from me.. so that was/is disappointing.

• besides that, no.. not really :)
      And as for the guy, it was not really let down but just a bit disappointing since we seemed to have had such great chemistry. But I guess/assume he wasn't ready for it and decided to pull back the reigns on it before moving forward.

• Yes. A now ex of mine has. He can't make up his mind to save his ass lol.

• This site lately. After I get 14,000 points, I will redeem my points, say goodbye to everyone, and deactivate. Except this time I am not coming back. I am anon for this because I know people will talk me out of it. The only thing I will say is that I am a regular user.

• Yes, my new job. I had such high hopes for this position. I'm making now but the new conpbay and people are terrible.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more