Rate this Mythological creature: Cerberus?

a three-headed dog that guarded the entrance of the Underworld, allowing the dead to enter but letting none out. He was the son of Typhon and Echidna. Apart from his three heads, he also had a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes and the claws of a lion.

Cerberus was the twelfth and final labour that was given to Heracles by King Eurystheus. Heracles had to capture the three-headed dog without using any weapons. After learning how the enter the Underworld, and assisted by some of the gods, he managed to go to the Underworld and find Hades to ask for his permission to take Cerberus to the surface. Hades agreed under the condition that Heracles must not use any weapons. Heracles eventually managed to overpower Cerberus and brought him to Eurystheus, successfully completing his twelve labours.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• 4/5, I really like the little pup ❤️

• Pretty bad ass. I like how the first picture includes a collar. The mane of snakes is a cool trait I had not heard of until just now, but I would like to see that illustrated. It sounds very cool.

• Another Harry Potter moment! Haha!
    4/5 I like it a lot

• Duh.

Voted D.

:\

• meh...
    do you think there is a cat version of this xD

• meh, i'd fight it

• Oh that's the thing in Harry Potter right? :P

• I love my puppy don't you

What Guys Said 8

• Last pic was kinda cool at least, but yeah honestly the Cerburus have a much more interesting tale around it than the Cerburus itself. Personally find it to just be okay, cause honestly if I ever visited the underworld (lol) and the guardian I met was just a 3 headed dog basically, I would be dissapointed, would think something more badass would be the guardian of a place like that, but it makes sence lore wise sort of. But yeah I dont know, just dont find it the least bit terrifying, scar, y chilly or anything. Which wouldn't be a first good impression for the underworld, lol.

• Looks a bit vicious, but not even in the 'Junior' league with the Anishinaabe Great Thunderbird! Thunderbird flaps His Great wings, and makes Thunder!!

• I need one to guard the house, were do I order one?

• 3/5 meh they are ok

• its a cool creature

• 5/5 would own

• can not confirm whether real or fake
    still up in the air

• Fucking badass af