Old people in chat rooms?

I like going to chat rooms to talk to different people. Recently there have been a lot of people saying they are in their 60's. I know people lie on-line so i dont fully believe them but why would someone lie about that? Do you think someone that age would try to chat?

Most Helpful Guy

• My age listed above is accurate, so I don't see any reason why someone a decade older than me wouldn't be in chat rooms. I'm not saying some (or even a lot) of them aren't lying. But when I got into computers, I was the "kid in the office" and I'm certain many of them kept up with technology. You will also generally find an older crowd on usenet, which was one of the first iterations of social media. I still use it for some purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on the subject of the room and depends on the individual situation and person.
    Maybe they're just lonely and need someone to talk to

• of course they do. Why is that an issue? and it depends on what kind of chat your talking about. Everyone needs companionship. Not necessarily to date, but just to talk. In about 20 years your going to understand this a lot better. Your going to see that being 50 or 60 in age doesn't mean you feel that way in your head. I am 47. Looking at that number when I was 20 would seem really old. but I look at it and think, that really is nothing.

• its not an issue just wondering if they are being honest. it just seems odd to me because my parents can barely turn on a computer

• When I was in school, being a "geek" or "nerd" meant you were into computers. The home computers came out when I was in 7th grade. By the summer between 7 and 8 when we got our first, I was hooked for life. So I am an IT guy. But most people can use computers just fine. Even my parents who are 75 get online every day.

• thats cool thanks.

• Sure, especially if they are single and/or bored (retired).

• Its a thing now. Why does it bother you?

• It doesn't bother me as long as they are being honest. I just want to be able to week out people lying and playing games.

• That's creepy af lol.

• It doesn't bother me if they really are that age but if they are losing that's creepy

• thats very weird and creepy

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0