Hardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?

• pitcherhardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?
  • catcherhardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?
  • 3d basehardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?
  • shortstophardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?
  • outfieldhardest position in your opinion for baseball/softball?
  • i dont watch baseball/softabll

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Catcher - by far.

Catchers must squat for most of a 3-hour game, are actively involved in every play, are constantly under threat of being hit with a ball or bat, and must be able to pop up and throw to 2nd Base (it's a LONG way and the runner usually has a head start). The Catcher is also incredibly involved with the strategy of the game - actively directing the pitcher to deal with the batters and directing the whole defense.

Having played every position, the Catcher is easily the most demanding and hardest on your body.

• Just an European, scrolling through GAG, doing my thing, getting exper

i.memeful.com/.../Patrick-Star-Mayonnaise.jpg

• I don't watch baseball anymore but I always thought it was pitcher or first base because they seem to be the most active. Catcher is obviously very active too but doesn't seem like much work.

• Pitcher, short stop/first base

• I'd say either short stop or pitcher. Your short stop easily requires the most athleticism, so in that sense it's the hardest. However the pitcher has the most pressure on them, pitch a good game and you're pretty likely to win, pitch a bad game and you're pretty likely to lose. That and few people can pitch well. So, I went with short stop, mainly because it's the position I played in high school, but really it's a toss up between the two. Shoot look at the Yankees of the early 2000's, their best/most well known players Mariano Rivera (pitcher) and Derek Jeter (short stop) so there you go.

• you dont think catcher is hard? im surprised lol

• I don't know, I never played that position, only short stop and occasionally outfield. Why do you think I'd say catcher?

• hahah I don't know im biased.. i played catcher. definitely physically demanding. everyone is guna say the position they played probably

• In the stadium. I'm sorry, I'm soooo bored watching baseball. If I 'm there, I Want to be talking to people, the game is a distraction to the conversation.

Thus, it is hardest to sit in the stadium! They need to increase what they pay me to sit there...;)

• Definitely the "hot corner" (aka 3rd base) because it requires the most reaction time.

Short stop is a close second, followed by catcher because it's physically demanding.

• agreed.. 3rd is soooo hard. the right person has to be playing it. in my opinion you're born to play there, you can't just practice to get that skill level

• Yep, I agree. It's the same as in boxing. In most cases, someone who's born a natural puncher will always punch harder than someone who isn't born with heavy hands. They'd have to practice for years and perfect their technique just to match someone who's naturally gifted.

• Really? Lol I always loved playing 3rd and was pretty good at it. I never saw it that way. If I wasn't pitching I usually started at 3rd.

• Catcher lol it was the only position I sucked at.

• Pitcher

• I just about never want it, but my guess would be batter.

• I'd say it's even between catcher and 3rd base. Both need great arms, accuracy and defensive skills.

• Im not interested in that sport. Sorry.

• You misspelled 1st place OP

• you obviously haev no idea what you're talking about and probably played in 8th grade. this is a waste of time.

• You obviously don't want to have a discussion, why don't you take your closed mind go someone who will blindly agree with you.

• toss up. The whole game depends on the pitcher and catcher, they control the game. The pitches what is given and selected is based on how good the batter is. If you got a stellar pitcher against a good hitter, you can go both ways, either a grand slam on the 1st pitch, or a 1-2-3 strike out.

• Spectator... I can't sit through a baseball game without falling asleep.

• I'd say pitcher is easily the hardest

• pitcher/catcher hands down..

• Why would i watch bunch of gross guys, some of them who are fat as well, playing with their balls while spitting tobacco! What kind of sports is that?

• 3rd base. It'a a hot corner AND you have to have quite an arm to make the long throw to 1st.

What Girls Said 3

• I played pitcher in school so I am gonna be little biased here haha

• hahaha fair enough. id say its definitely the most mentally draining. pitching is also a lot more difficult in softball than baseball so im not sure how they will take that into consideration

• I sucked but still had my moments lol 😂😂

• in my opinion its the short stop

• I don't watch baseball but they all seem equally hard