Is this a good reason to like older men?

I had another question that was similar to this and I thought this guy was cute and wanted to talk to him more once I turn 18. Basically I'm tired of being unapreciated, shamed in public, disrespected, body shamed (for not having a butt or boobs), being asked for nudes etc. It seems that the peers who act the opposite are already snatched up. Or maybe it's just my school because a lot of girls do complain or have been played before. It's like f boy central here. I know that older guys can be jerks too but at least they already go through that hormone part of their life and gained experience from life and ex relationships. I'm talking about guys in their 20-28ish. I've been treated differently by guys in this age range, both online and in real life.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's an OK age range. You're right about at least they already go through that hormone part of their life and gained experience from life and ex relationships Thing is guys in that age range have "been there & done that."
    If he's shaming you especially body shaming you & he asks for nudes remind of the things he said.
    When you go to college & work that HS mentally (for the most part) is left behind & you'll meet a much wider variety of guys. Keep all of your options open.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, older guys will treat you better in a relationship but they will expect you to treat them more respectfully, also. A relationship with an older guy could be a better experience because it could help you to realize the way that you deserve to be treated in a relationship.

• Congratz your growing up & surpassing the childish games played by little boys who do not value u for u internally/spiritually.. yes this a pretty solid reason for wanting to date an older guy but be careful when u do because some if not half of them will use u for sex seeing as in how u are not already used up like most girls they meet their age lol forreal some of us 20 somethings are little boys still too so create standards u can proudly/happily live by & stick to them no matter what!* p. s. girls who think like u do early on puts a smile on my face & gives be hope for the future of Love & Relationships continue to be wise/critical thinker & analyze everything & everybody except God himself but its ok to analyze or Study his Word & trust only him not even yourself!*

• Ultimately it is your choice.. but age shouldn't be an issue it is maturity... I say finding someone that you truly connect with is priceless... That should be the goal... once you find the one who looks at you as the person you show and truly are everything else doesn't seem to matter.. If they don't see the wondrous gifts that are you they are the ones to suffer the loss not you. hugz hope it helped 🍀🐶🍀

• You want to date dudes near 30 when you're 18?

Lol.

• Yeah its a good reason, now ask yourself, why would an older guy want to date you?

• I think a lot of teenage boys basically have no clue what they're doing, so they either hit on nobody, or everyone, rudely.

Older guys are more likely to have a bit more game.

As far as dating them? They're going to have higher, not lower expectations around sex. Their hormones really aren't much lower, they are of an age that plenty of women around them are ready to hook up, and they aren't clueless as to how to make it happen.

So long as you're ready for that side of things...

What Girls Said 10

• At your age, a lot of people (both men and women) are immature and the older you get, the more you will realize that some people never grow up. So, I do not think that's a good reason to like older men exclusively since there are older men who act the exact same way. What's important is simply finding someone who will treat you with respect, whether that someone is your age or a bit older.

• I think guys that are 5-10yeats older than a 17-18 yo are predators or inept. Either way that's not who I want to spend time with. Predator types will treat you different because they are older and more experienced to know how to liberate you from your clothes.
    And Inept dudes, can't interact with women their own age so they are forced to go younger girls, some of whom may be impressed by the guys higher chronological number of years alone.

• Plenty of older dudes are assholes. I love dating older men but date them because you like them, try not to over complicate the reasons. Some of them can still be childish and mean and all about sex.

• Guys that age are just as bad as the younger ones, sometimes even worse. They've just learned to hide it a little better. So no, it's not a good reason.

• It's fine just be careful because some will try to take advantage of you and manipulate you. I'd say date past 21 (it's difficult since he can drink and you can't)

• You know just because the guy is older doesn't necessarily mean he's mature - men dont generally fully age... theyre young kids inside. They just look mature lmao.. im sorry Im 26, and I have yet to find a guy who is NOT a child.

• do what ever you want to do its your body im currently with a man who is 33 and he is treating me just fine.

• Lol guys that age are also like that, many are. But they just are more subtile or more patient.

• Oh my god your so judgmental

• I didn't know that trying to avoid getting disrespected because of past experiences was judgmental :/

• They will act the same way.